Author Topic: hidden members  (Read 8910 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: hidden members
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 09:31:53 AM »
 :D Its not just me that doesn't right them down then!  Thanks Mark. Some members are retaining there ID name as they are fond of it but adding there real name below. This is also helpful and much appreciated.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 01:04:27 PM »
In my opinion, when in Rome do as the Romans do, so when on an internet forum use a silly pseudonym. There are other Bob Purtons out there, I know for a fact there are endless Mike Plant's and at some point whilst using our real names there'll will be a case of Bob Purton 1, Bob Purton 2, then we'll be right back to using pseudonyms, it's not supposed to be serious! Hence me using 'blob' the most unpretentious silly but still bubble related name going.

Hidden members might merely be those who have held a past grudge, etc, etc who cares! We all know that sacred micro information is only divulged at rallies, including sales of rarities etc. Enforcing real names only sanitizes the whole essence of the forum, things have got way too serious since BW auctioned his collection!   ???
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:50:18 PM by blob »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 04:16:42 PM »
Its not being enforced Mike Plant, just encouraged. Something else that was being discussed was only allowing people to post on the forum who have either a car on the register or subscribe to RCN. Its a mine field as anyone could register a car without proof that they actually own it. I'm for leaving things as they are.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 04:25:15 PM »
I'm for leaving things as they are.

I agree, besides it works in your favor to be divided. Those that use their real names have hierarchical status: key members such as founders of RUM, founders of individual registers, moderators, administrators, or those whose skill-set or business far out way mere enthusiasm, separating such as I who need not stand out, that's the beauty of anonymity.

Having a list of names without this distinction, I feel is a hindrance.

only allowing people to post on the forum who have either a car on the register or subscribe to RCN.

Nice idea except how many members have since bought a car or are newly subscribed from joining the forum first?

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:47:10 PM by blob »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 05:51:32 PM »
Well, I think the idea was that people could access the forum and read all the posts but not contribute so it could still be an introduction to the world of microcars and encourage ownership and subscription but remove the risk of trouble makers. It was just an idea.