Author Topic: Microcar/autocycle cross over  (Read 4538 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Microcar/autocycle cross over
« on: July 03, 2011, 05:40:39 PM »
There definitely appears to be  an overlapping of interest between Microcars and mopeds, I just returned from the Peninsular run and met several microcar folk there with there mopeds. This time P50 joined me on a Monkeybike and said he had a great time, Richard[cant remember second name] invacar owner was also there for the first time and also said he would do some more. I think its quite healthy, we dont want to be too blinkered in our interests do we.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Microcar/autocycle cross over
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 06:05:20 PM »
Yes, but tell me more!

Seriously
They are relatively inexpensive, transportable and cover a surprising range of machinery. Even the Peels, Comtesse along with other fridges and Norjska can take part. It is minimalist. Ticks a lot of boxes. However there will be those saying not on this forum. Maybe the answer is to have a moped corner with this fringe into Microdom, Then no one is offended.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 07:20:38 PM »
Why would anyone be offended? Microcars are welcome to join in on the runs.

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 08:53:07 PM »
I had a great time.  Initially thought a Monkey might not fit in but there were some more mainstream machines on the run so l felt OK.

It's a long way from the snobby "mafia" types who keep in their (perceived) elitist clicky clubs etc etc.  

Just eccentric odd bods on yesteryear's budget transport having a grin.   Perhaps the last bastion of cheap fun?  I saw a young girl,  maybe 18,  there on a very straight scrambler.    The micro scene needs young blood.  But prices appear to kick off at 15 times the price (£300 vs £4500) for a T&T starter vehicle.    

Anyway I'm deffo up for another run.  Everyone was very friendly and the weather was fantastic.   No finger wagging Nazis with too many pens in their top pocket saving us from ourselves on a health and safety angle.   

I doff my cap to Bob.  (Would be bonkers to do one in my P50.  Hmm? maybe one day..)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:58:44 PM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 07:58:34 AM »
I do not know might be offended but generally someone is.

For the ultimate Buzzing nut cases I have been viewing Solex racing in Holland on you tube. The serious are impressive but much of the rest is plainly bonkers. Yet in some ways so like Microcars used to be. And yes I think the buy in price has a great deal to do with it. So why not ICs at Blackbushe Kart Track?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 08:29:36 AM »
There was an article in Classic car weekly a couple of weeks ago about invalid carriage racing along with period photographs, I glazed over immediately and turned the page lol! I assumed Stuart had sent it in. It appears that its all been done before.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 09:45:42 AM »
The local NACC group, East Coast Pedalers, came to visit me.  Had a great evening.  A good run for the mopeds and a good opportunity for me to dust off the vehicles.  Lots of common ground with the French Sans Permis cars sharing the same engines as the mopeds.  An age range from 17 to over 70 I expect.  Some may go on to investigate the Microcars further now that they have seen a few closeup.
They are a great bunch of enthusiasts and welcome anyone with an interest.
I look forward to getting the Minicat on the road (as a moped) and joining in on a run - probably not at the front!

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 09:09:28 AM »
It takes a while.
I have managed to get a Peugeot GL10 moped from Jonathan in France and it will help with the commissioning of the Minicat (which is a GL10 in a red plastic box).