Author Topic: when the forum is quiet !  (Read 1932 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
when the forum is quiet !
« on: September 29, 2013, 09:52:39 AM »
my goodness aren't we a quiet lot recently ! i have found some extra value from the forum which many will have already done but some wont have

1) if you go to unusual micro discussion near the top of the page it will tell you that you are on page 1 of 71 - if you click on page 71  ( oops my post makes it now 72 ) you can revisit topics discussed in 2006 , some are interesting and can while away some downtime

2) use the search function at the top of this page , search for your favourite subject an see whats ever been talked of in the past - the more obscure the best of course

all simple stuff but maybe some newer members will get something from the exercise , i am only posting this as theres nothing else on the forum
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 09:54:38 AM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: when the forum is quiet !
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 10:18:31 AM »
Can you speak up please, I can't hear you in all this quietness!

Good idea, I'm hoping to go away for 3 days so I might just have a look at our "archive".

Being a SAG* I frequent four fora RUM, Drums, Ukuleles and Aviation. All four of them are relatively quiet at present. The only reason I have to explain that is that I am on all four of them so other folks are staying clear!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: when the forum is quiet !
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 11:33:13 AM »
Dear Richard and Marcus

Now that the schools have gone back many SAG's, but not all, are away on holiday now that the prices have dropped. They will be back.

Chris Thomas