Author Topic: NEC classic car show  (Read 22163 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: NEC classic car show
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2013, 11:13:21 AM »
Thanks Rob so they are the same car I anyway its not micro and Barry that's about as far as you can be off micro !
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2013, 11:54:50 AM »
Sorry, my fault for straying off microcars.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2013, 07:32:20 PM »
it was just barrys link to a HUGE Nash  :o
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 12:14:45 AM »
This is a photo of a Nash Rambler. The Metropolitan is it's smaller brother. The Rambler was built in the USA while the Metropolitan was built in the UK where it was sold as an Austin Metropolitan. It was also exported to the USA and sold as the Nash Metropolitan. I'm not sure if there were any differences between the two other than which side the steering wheel was on.

There is a microcar link as the "little Nash Rambler" featured in the lyrics of the US version of the Playmates song Beep Beep, whereas in the UK version of the song they substituted a bubble car in it's place.  I've always assumed that the "little" Nash Rambler they are singing about is the Metropolitan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nash_Rambler
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2013, 10:39:15 AM »
When we moved to Washington DC in 1964 my dad's first car was a Rambler Cross Country Sedan Station Wagon, yello with brown fake wood side panels; thnaks to Rob for the link to Wiki, I never knew the Metroploitan's interesting story, and fascinated to learn of its link with Beep Beep!

Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »
Hi All

I've been updating the NMCR's website, to give details of their stand at the 2013 Classic Motor Show.  Unfortunately, this year I wasn't on the stand myself, and I've not received many pictures to use.  In fact, I've got none at all on some of the cars.

So, if you were at the show, and took some shots of the splendid micros on the NMCR stand ... could you let me have 'em, please, pretty please?

You can send any by email to:   miller _ d10 @ sky . com  (but do get rid of all the protective spaces that I put in that!)

Thanks,

Dave Miller

(And Bob - you'll notice I've already used the pics you posted here. Hope you don't mind.)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 02:50:47 PM by DaveMiller »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2013, 05:55:13 PM »
Don't mind at all! Glad they were of use.   

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2013, 08:34:46 AM »
I have vague memories that Archie Fraser-Nash was also involved in the Metroplolitan. I think he was involved in the GN sports/trials cycle cars and various other car business including being a BMW dealer. Anone know anything about this?
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face