Author Topic: 1949 Glass's Guide please anyone  (Read 11166 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: 1949 Glass's Guide please anyone
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 09:12:13 AM »
Great stuff Bill many thanks . It is EXACTLY what DVLA were asking for let's see what excuse they will have next
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Pete.H

• Just Starting
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 07:54:09 AM »
Dear Bill,

Would it be possible to get a copy of the Austin Healey Sprite Mk 1 Page from one of your Glass's car Check Books, as the DVLA will only except this as Proof of Manufacture Date.

Regards

Pete
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:08:39 AM by Pete.H »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 12:29:52 PM »
Oh by the way I got nowhere with DVLA I will try again but my 1949 Bond is still declared as built 2004 but somwhere else it says owner states built 1949 - which will count for nothing !
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Pete.H

• Just Starting
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 12:55:23 PM »
Here is an extract that I found on the internet from the DVLA to Owners Clubs

Where keepers believe their current vehicle should be exempt due to the law change but their Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C) does not reflect this they will need to write to the DVLA to request a change. The address to write to is DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BA.
In order to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the vehicle records held at the DVLA, it is important that evidence provided to amend or add information already held on our system is accurate and truly reflects the vehicle for which it is issued. Therefore it has been decided that for these specific cases, requests will only be considered where it has been accompanied with either an extract from the manufacturer/factory record or an extract from the appropriate ‘Glass’s Check Book’. Both these documents will have a direct link to the chassis number that should already have been accepted and recorded on the vehicle record as part of the initial registration process.
I can confirm that for these specific cases, DVLA will not accept general dating certificates as evidence to amend or update the date of manufacture. Such certificates will however, continue to be accepted for other purposes

If you can show an extract from the Glass's check book that confirms your chassis number was manufactured before 1960 then they can amend the V5 so that you can apply for a Tax disc online and are exempt from an MOT.

Regards

Pete

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 01:02:47 PM »
Yes they can - no they won't

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 08:52:08 AM »
So Richard , are you saying my efforts to get my 59 built but 60 registered Isetta changed are futile? Even with the specified proof they will still not change the date on the V5?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 09:44:24 AM »
Well I think it depends on whose desk it ends up on ! It is done but not always , those in the know have told me to try again

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 10:08:22 AM »
That's worth knowing. Thanks.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2014, 10:28:25 AM »
With the registration of my two Troll scooters, the first forms were sent back by DVLC.  Two issues.

1. No HMRC NOVA records.  I had to fill in forms for HMRC to explain when the vehicles came into the country.  Mainly to do with VAT I think.  Hard copy with covering letter to HRMC as internet versions did not cover vehicles already in the UK.

2. I said that I wanted to register the scooters before restoration - they said register them once they are restored.

I wrote back to DVLC Swansea explaining that both vehicles were made before VAT was introduced and that both had MOT's and were road worthy.

Within a week I had registration docs and tax discs.  A few days later HMRC gave me the NOVA reference number.  So did DVLC proceed without the NOVA customs number?

It may not be so much 'whose desk it lands on' .
It may be that the first attempt with DVLC is dealt with by rejection on whatever grounds look relevant - easy.  The second attempt is looked at more closely and is more likely to proceed - easier to accept rather than argue against?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2014, 01:07:19 PM »
Hmmm take your point barry but my advice , which I will try is to never mention you have an earlier rejection . Last time I tried that I went straight back to the woman who rejected me - and she rejected me again . Story of my life eh  ;)