Author Topic: a rare german microcar in california - does this persuade you  (Read 4412 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
a great article , unfortunately from last year , but a good read and great photo's . next time you see one for sale on ebay think about it eh ?

http://www.californiaclassix.com/archive/57_Lloyd_c713.html
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: a rare german microcar in california - does this persuade you
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 04:50:34 PM »
Quite a useful little vehicle that.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 10:31:47 AM »
Quote from: richard link=topic=4097.msg31118#msg31118  next time you see one for sale on ebay think about it eh ?

http://www.californiaclassix.com/archive/57_Lloyd_c713.html
[/quote
Think about  what?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 10:50:21 AM »
DURRH
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 05:54:04 PM »
Richard,
Unless and until you bother to honor my reasonable request for clarification by using vocabulary more advanced than that of an average 8 month old infant, I will have to assume that you have made a statement that you find difficult to defend.
Please use "Kings English" in your clarifying responce.
While you are at it-  how about an adequately intelligible explanation as to what you are referring to by including "are you convinced yet?" within the topic heading that you created.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 06:53:23 PM »
cannot be bothered to clarify it steven sorry

wilksie

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 04:54:55 AM »
I'd definitely make a bid if it was for sale in the UK. Good condition, reasonable price, the rare LS version, and a larger engine than my LP 400. Would have to exchange the US-style bumpers / fenders, though. Overall a nice rare Lloyd LS 600 in a very decent condition.
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 11:05:22 AM »
cannot be bothered to clarify it steven sorry
Oh Richard!
Fess up.
You are suggesting to your UK based members that they should consider themselves convinced to buy a preservation class microcar that was both made and sold as a US version, and has spent the entirety of its more than half century light usage history in my home state of California.  Something of a local treasure from my vantage point.
Nothing to be ashamed of having to admit, as we Americans are generally in favor of free trade, and other rights of individuals whether you be from this country, or another.
That is unless you have a different view to allowing those of us from the US to buy microcars that were designed and built for the UK market.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 12:52:11 PM »
As I said its all too simple to bother replying in any depth steven but quite simply the forum was dreadfully quiet so I posted up a couple of things that I thought some might enjoy reading . No issues whatsoever - I am a very simple soul . On this site I seek help and enjoyment - not aggravation please .

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 05:25:08 PM »
Wilksie , only decent condition ? It's the most perfect 50's survivor I ever heard of . I don't really know much about Lloyds but they do seem ignored in U.K. Don't they . I still would love to see your 400 properly one day
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:53:40 PM by richard »

wilksie

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 11:20:50 PM »
Yup, have to agree. Absolutely lovely condition, not over-restored, and certainly not 'modified' in a cringeworthy sort of way. This LP600 is a credit to its previous owner and, hopefully, will be benefiting from an equally dedicated new custodian.

Recently I have neglected some of my treasures, but they give much pleasure just looking at them every now and again. Surely, we'll meet no later than next year's National to admire Lloyds, Brütsches, flat batteries, dim headlights, and the like. Wherever it'll be - - -update anyone?
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."