Author Topic: New Peel website in Hungary. Peel foundation news  (Read 9891 times)

Trident

• Quite Chatty
New Peel website in Hungary. Peel foundation news
« on: March 15, 2007, 01:08:05 PM »
Following on from the excellent new Coronet website mentioned on the forum,  there is also a new Peel website from Hungary, featuring the Peel Foundation, and information copied from other websites.   http://www.peel.hu

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Re: New Peel website in Hungary. Peel foundation news
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 12:07:45 AM »
Hi Trident, did this guy ask for admission to use pics and number plates? Does he has anything to do with our Peels?
Im very contemplative whats going on, and its weird anyway!!!

witney44

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 08:47:20 AM »
Does any 15 year old boy? I think it's Great. ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 09:38:06 AM by witney44 »

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 09:29:04 AM »
I think it's a very good effort indeed.
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 12:56:31 PM »
Who cares where he got half the stuff from. Suerly if most of it is on the internet already, being seen by millions of people every single day, then to my mind, its all fair game.  Mind you, I was quite lax myself regarding the copyright on some items used in "an introduction to invalid carriges, but then in some cases, I hold the only original copy in known existance! Also, david comes from Hungary of all places, where else (and what else) was he expected to find details? Peel owners in my experance are not the most forthcoming of people when it comes to clear details....

Correct me if I'm wrong also, but I belive there is no copyright at all on manufactures sales broshers or leaflets of any age, due to the fact they were designed to be given away left, right & center to all and sundery?

inacoma

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 01:43:25 PM »
Hi

I think the more info that is out and about the better.

Interest in old cars is about having and enjoying them, if you can't own one at least you can look at the pictures and find out about them.

One of the youngsters that looks at this website now, might be a millionaire in the future and want to give you loads of dosh for your car.

Copyright is a good thing for books and stuff, but if the pictures are taken in public or on other sites who is it hurting.

Wish I had half the ability to create a site as good as this so quickly.

Well done David  :D

john

tavid

• Occasional
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 11:31:20 AM »
Hello Everybody, I am David

I making the www.peel.hu website.

If somebody have any problem with the website please write it to here. Then I can correct it.

I made this website to collect all the Peel information from the Internet. I made contact with a lot of people who know something about Peel cars.

This site now is only trial version.

David

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 12:57:59 PM »
Peel owners in my experance are not the most forthcoming of people when it comes to clear details....

Heh heh!!   ;D
-Benvenuto Cellini

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 01:08:18 PM »
Hello David!  :)   :-*  Regardless of some of the messages posted here you carry on just the way you are doing pal. The world needs all the Peel details in one place. Here in the UK you will find that everyone always wants ALL the details about cars such as these for their own benifit, but those same people are usually too selfish to share any details whatsoever with anyone else who asks, no mater how nicely, so the end result is that all the details about most types of vehicle ARE known, but are scattered between so many people that no single person has the complete story. And nobody will ever find out the compleate story becuse nobody will share it, much less write it all down in one place for future referance.   In my own opinion, it is this attitude that has held the Micro world back for far too long. In the case of Peels specifically, ALL the facts are there regarding the company, the cars and everything. Plenty in fact to write the book on the complete story of Peel Engineering, which everybody knows full well would be the surefire Number One bestselling Micro book of all time. The compleate facts have existed since the 1970s, so why wasn't the book written then? I think I've already answered the question earlier in this tirade.

Anyway David, as I said, ignore the mob and carry on regardless.  I, for one, am right behind what you are doing, but beware the Hornet's nest that is Peel owners. Particularly UK ones....  ;)

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 02:34:29 PM »
Put me down for the first book if it's ever to be printed!  Why don't you have a go Stuart?  I'll happily share any knowledge..

Are you a member of the Manx club? 

Reason being is there's a series of articles about Peel currently running in the club mag.  Last one was the P50. The next one due is the Trident. First was the company itself.  The fourth will be new info the Author's accrued while writing (from various readers).

Now where's the Electric Trident??? Some say ICI have it. Some say its at a University in the States.  It was well ahead of its time though!!

-Benvenuto Cellini

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 04:56:14 PM »
Hello P50!  With ref to me doing the Peel book. I did offer at the Sunday night get-togeher at the Peel Rally when I had Steve Hurn and Grant Kearney backed up in a corner. At the time I had six months of time going spare, so I rekoned that if all Peel buffs co-operated, I could have done it in that time. However, a month or so later I was having a further chat with Grant on more or less the same subject when he stated that he was slowly chipping away at the Peel story for (hopefully) just such an end, and had been for quite a while. Therefore, becuse Grant's a mate and all that, I agreed to withdraw and not tread on his toes as it were. I'm not sure if Grant will thank me for letting this state secret out, but I'll say this to all those who want a Peel book, forget the egos and all this "I know more than you do!", Everybody throw your weight behind Grant and let's get it done!!!!!

I really haven't heard about the Manx club. Is it the Group that helped with the Peel Rally? More details please and how does one join and how does one get back issues?

Of the Electric Trident, the only details I have are in conjunction with its indirect link with the Winn City Car as charted in my Winn article in issue 89. The picture used therein and the one you have above being taken at the Institute of Electrical Engineers in April 1967. Anybody ever ask them what they did with it?  I can't imajan ICI would have wanted it. I'm not sure, but I don't think they were involved with electrical items were they?

tavid

• Occasional
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 05:17:30 PM »
Put me down for the first book if it's ever to be printed!

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 10:32:51 AM »
Hello Stuart,

I think ICI aquired a Trident due to the dome. I think they supplied the perspex so got one car back to analyse it. It may have been white. I don't think ICI got an electric Trident. It's missing. I bet it hasn't been scrapped. Can you imagine if it turned up on Ebay!! I suppose it's the ultimate micro to discover.. A priceless machine!!  More mystery!!

The club mag is called NewsRound. The club/group is the 'Manx Transport Museum Group'.

Barry Edwards is the editor. 4 mags a year. Only £10 to join. His E-Mail is bgedws@waitrose.com

The next article is the Trident. I didn't know there were so many Peels still on the island. I thought they were all looted in the 60's/ 70's

There needs to be one Peel book. From beginning to end. As I said, I'll buy the first one!!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 10:38:00 AM by P50 »
-Benvenuto Cellini

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 10:43:33 AM »
Yes P50, it would be nice some one would write a Peel book. So then, the second book is mine ;)
Cheers

tavid

• Occasional
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 11:05:38 AM »
Now where's the Electric Trident??? Some say ICI have it. Some say its at a University in the States.  It was well ahead of its time though!!  

What is the ICI?

David