Author Topic: Gordon / RUM Mag Photocopying please anyone ?  (Read 2574 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Gordon / RUM Mag Photocopying please anyone ?
« on: October 22, 2013, 07:02:38 PM »
       Back in 2003 Rob Dobie began a series of restoration articles that ran over , i now see , 16 issues . When my first wife died in very early 2004 i dropped out for a period . I am sure you can imagine general preoccupation with juggling child rearing and demanding job etc. let alone general malaise and lack of interest in most things for a while .
       Now i have been cajoled into writing a regular Gordon page for the RUM magazine i wondered if anyone could do me a favour ? in order to fill in some background i really could do with seing what Rob wrote back then  . i do have spring and autumn 2004 , funny don't think i read them at all at that time - they make intersting reading now .
       Cheeky i know but i could do with a photopy of just Rob's articles from issues 84.85,87,90,91,92,93,94,101 and 102 is anyone up for it ? obviously any copying and postage would be paid for by me .

outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Gordon / RUM Mag Photocopying please anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 07:11:57 PM »
I have all those issues and could easily scan them and email them to you as PDF files.
Then you could read them or print them as needed. No postage necessary.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 07:23:52 PM »
well really jim that would be so kind ! a very kind offer that is too hard to refuse - so i wont  ;D thanks again , whenever no great rush but i could do with having a peek before i do Chris's article for next issue - a couple of weeks ?

good man !
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 08:18:14 PM »
is that a record ? less than an hour after my appeal Jim has scanned and sent me by email the entire series . a really am most grateful - now to read them . YES !!

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 09:01:35 PM »
Dear Richard

Did you think of asking Jean first?

Chris Thomas

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 09:07:18 PM »
Blimey, that was fast, well done, SuperJim!
I probably have those issues and could photocopy and send them, but don't need to now.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 10:29:42 PM »
Didn't even ask the bloke who wrote it all down!!!!
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 02:30:00 PM »
Hi Chris. Yes.                              hi Rob didn't think to presume and indeed if jim hadn't jumped in I know that you might well have done so . I may be somewhat biased but I found the series, now I have read them all , one of the most interesting in RUM mags history - I thank you for it  
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 02:54:20 PM by richard »