Author Topic: Hatches battened down  (Read 8249 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: Hatches battened down
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 01:19:48 PM »
School House Farm has not suffered too much.  Some fencing in the horses field has blown down but more worrying a large tree down the lane which our outbuildings back on to has come down and is at the moment precariously lodged on a smaller tree.  Had this not happened if would have crashed into the Bubble  Shed roof.  As it is at the moment only some of the branches are lying on our roof. Like Bob our trees still have their leaves especially the oaks and there are several oaks down this little lane, so no more high winds please  The owner of the tree is uncooperative so we are awaiting the arrival of our own man to do a little remedial work, with branches out of the way we shall be able to see if our roof is OK.  Once Michael and Jamie have fixed the fencing, the Cook's are off to Somerset for the rest of the half term. Keep your fingers crossed for me.Trees are beautiful until they keel over and uproot!  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 01:30:23 PM »
North Downs ? We're oop North properly here and spent last week further up still. And everything pretty much in full leaf still ! Best wishes to you and yours Jean
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 02:03:02 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 08:21:31 AM »
Well without any noticeable forecast we are in the middle of the worst gales and rain I think we have EVER experienced . I have no idea of the area it is affecting , but huge I imagine it's been raging over 12 hours now

spelling corrected thanks bob  ;) can't see a thing on that blackberry   :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:34:42 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 08:32:19 AM »
Yesterday and today fairly blustery here in Saaaarf Eeeeeess Lunnon, cool, blue skies and sun.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 10:08:16 AM »
Things must be bad, the HM himself has started to make spelling mistakes! ;D

Glorious sunny morning here in Essex.

Nice for the Brighton run.