Author Topic: Tony Marshall.  (Read 7073 times)

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
Tony Marshall.
« on: October 29, 2013, 08:20:53 AM »
Hello all,  We collected Tony from his home near Limoges a couple of weeks ago, and he's now staying with us for a while. My wife Ant is helping him sort through a pile of French paperwork to get his future in order. I'm trying to keep his mind occupied by giving him some things to do here, help stripping cars and taking him for trips out in one of the Nobels. I even got him to help with the gardening yesterday. This friday we may have a day out to the Spanish border as it's Jonathan's 17th birthday. Tony will be coming with us of course. He seems a bit happier at the moment and not having time to feel depressed. We'll keep you all up to date if anything changes.                regards, Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Tony Marshall.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 10:36:43 AM »
Thanks for this Nick. I don't think I've ever met Tony, but his books and his writings for RUMcars have kept me entertained and absorbed for years. I hope he can find it within himself to share a few more of his adventures with us in due course.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 11:03:47 AM »
Best wishes to Tony from me as well .
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 02:55:58 PM »
Nick, it is sad to hear that Tony is depressed but it is great that you are able to help and keep him occupied. Thanks to you and your family and all the best to Tony!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 07:37:45 PM »
I would personally like to thank Nick Poll and his family for taking Tony under their wing for a time.  Tony has a tough time this year but I know he would like to express his thanks to ALL the microcar friends that have been rallying around and lending him a helping hand during these dark days since he lost Lynne.  What Tony cannot understand is the depth of gratitude we all feel we owe him.  If he had not run that first rally in Burford Wildlife Park all those years ago in 1975 and continued for the next few years there would be no National Microcar Rally today.  If Edwin and I had not gone to the second Burford Rally in 1976 and been inspired by his enthusiasm there would be no Hammond Collection and no Register of Unusual Microcars.  The newer recruits to our 'crazy gang' may only know him through his superb books but to me he is Mr.Microcar himself, and long may he remain so.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 08:44:53 PM »
Many of us will be aware of the importance of a hobby after personal loss. I do hope that as and when Tony feels ready he can be encouraged to document , perhaps in Dobiesque stye , his exploites and tales of cars saved and owned
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 09:35:48 PM »
Hello all,
   Today was such superb weather, so we decided to go to the mountains and Spanish border today. We found an abandoned microcar, then went up a very high mountain and had a picnic on the top. It's nice to see Tony smiling and enjoying himself. He said it was the first time he had been to Spain.  He was gobsmacked by the views from the mountains. As Jean said, we owe a lot to this chap for starting the National Microcar Rallies. It's our way of saying thank you.     Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 09:55:09 PM »
I gave Tony the task of cleaning out the latest Nobel yesterday.  He enjoyed himself. After, we went out in my roadworthy Nobel and Tony took over the driving seat. He said it was the first time he had driven one. If anyone would like his new email address, let me know. He still needs a bit more cheering up and I know messages from his bubblecar friends would boost his moral.   Nick.

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 10:30:49 PM »
Tony now has a new email address. So if anyone would like to contact him, they can on           Tonyrumcars@gmail.com

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 07:02:35 PM »
This afternoon I received a telephone call to say Tony is back home in the Moulin, St.Dizzier.  His telephone is working (0033 5556 44697) but as yet he has not got his computer up and running.  Well he had only arrived about four hours previously!  He seems to be delighted to be home having had a relaxing time with Nick Poll and family.He has already had coffee with his French neighbours and been invited (and accepted) to join them for Christmas dinner.  He seems very positive and his first project is to get a replacement passport having ruined his original one by consigning it to the washing machine with his trousers!  I am sure he would love to hear from anyone who would care to give him a ring.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars