Author Topic: nice Bruetsch / Belcar pic  (Read 32453 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: nice Bruetsch / Belcar pic
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 08:27:15 PM »
thanks oliver it's a new one on me !
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 08:29:10 PM »
Have you seen one of the surrounds in the flesh? What's it made of? Could be easier to make than a bent channel one!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:21:30 PM by Bob Purton »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 08:50:30 PM »
never seen one as there is no other to copy ! but it MUST look right

pm'd my ideas for yours  :o
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:21:05 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 09:25:25 PM »
glass screen as i say i have that . fibreglass frame certainly standard sealing rubber certainly , but how do you make a screen surround and even then how do you make it stand up and stay upright , even if you could make one ?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 09:26:11 PM »
Just looked at the Belcar in David Sparrows book. Its nothing like it so no clue there! Do you know if the screen its self was glass or plastic? I wouldn't mind guessing the surround was fiberglass at Egon was obsessed with the stuff.
I'm wondering if its a fiberglass moulding with a screen held in by a screen rubber that just ends after it turns the upper corners.  Looks a bit naff to me! Are you sure its not off a boiler? ;D ;D
Shouldn't be a problem.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 09:33:35 PM »
I would fabricate it in thin steel sheet first and the then use that to mould a Fiberglass one from.

It must have a lip on its underside that bolts to the body , as the surround and lip have a curve at each end that's what allows it to stand up with some rigidity.   

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 09:41:36 PM »
hmmm will think about this one , many thanks indeed for the advice .

i only posted Bruetsch again as the forum seems so quiet generally - you know how to keep me off  ;) 

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 09:54:50 PM »
Second thoughts, once you have made it in steel, why not just use a steel one?

Yes, the forum does go quite sometimes. One of the factors in my view is that most of the users are not actually doing anything with microcars, just interested. Hence less to discuss.

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 10:44:53 PM »

Yes, the forum does go quite sometimes. One of the factors in my view is that most of the users are not actually doing anything with microcars, just interested. Hence less to discuss.
Interesting point Bob.  I think it could be quite the opposite.  Most are so busy with their microcars they don't have the time to post on forums.  That's my problem anyway.  Flat out on Frisky Sport and Messerschmitt restorations at the moment and then off to the NEC for a few days.
Grant

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 10:57:56 PM »
Possibly but I doubt it. Well you are always going to be the exception Grant! My point is that most of the posts are general chit chat, historical photographs, did you see this on ebay sort of thing. Often people just run out of things to talk about. I do still enjoy the chit chat and photo's, just I find the driving and the doing of microcar stuff that much more interesting.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 01:19:43 PM »
I guess those less active have no problems they need help with or have cars catered for by an owners club or forum of their own . Unusual Micro's very often do not have this support and have to get involved in sourcing , making or indeed having made  ;) parts .I often post things I find interesting in the hope of interesting others - I don't always manage that bit !

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 06:27:22 PM »
great new pics of Brutsch / Bruetsch cars on flikr was it someone we know ?

by the way beer tokens offerred to anyone turning up a photograph of the Pfeil interior , dash, and / or rear numberplate and lights . i don't THINK there is one

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=bruetsch
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 06:36:38 PM by richard »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »
WHAT AN INDULGENCE  :o i have just bought from stilltime a high quality print on top paper £21.90 - but heh you can't take it with you . this to be my inspiration over next few years  :P

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2013, 07:04:55 PM »
from the sublime to the ridiculous ! a very poor photo from Deutsch Kleinwagen , presumably none better existed , the Bruetsch Circus I presume off touring Europe seeking someone to take up the production rights . Does a better copy of this exist ? 

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 10:47:50 PM »
I'm going to but in if a can , so your both looking for a windscreen surround for the car in white ? You don't want to mess around with fiberglass because you don't want a chance to ruin your cars paint ? Have u got a original screen ? I would cover the area with cling film and use air drying clay braced to get the shape of where the screen sits and use the mould to try different ideas but just from them pictures I'm guessing the best way would be a steel frame and foam to get the shape then fiberglass a buck out of that , make your screen surround out of the buck