Author Topic: nice Bruetsch / Belcar pic  (Read 32442 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: nice Bruetsch / Belcar pic
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2013, 04:43:04 PM »
only 1 screen surround required - theres only 1car - no paint to worry about . clay sounds interesting but i've had another idea could i shape one from high density foam , if such a thing exists where would i buy some 4' long ? if i then built it up with fibreglass matting how would i get the smooth finish required ? When built up would it have enough strength or would i need to remove the foam and infill the cavity . sorry this may be simple for some but i am just trying to figure out the procedure >
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2013, 04:49:19 PM »
hi jean this is i think the swiss belcar now in holland and on RUM . doesn't look so nice now as this period photo - but it's great still . we've seen it before but what the heck  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2013, 07:56:44 PM »
I'm abit confused because the last picture has a different surround than the other pictures ? What one are you trying to make ? Put some pictures up of your car and the screen , you basically need to build the surround, make a mould out of that then used that mould to mould the final piece if that makes sense ?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2013, 08:07:36 PM »
well we went off a bit but the topic started with Herr Bruetsch's design which ended up in one direction is the Swiss Belcar - pictured first and last on this topic .

my car is the Bruetsch Pfeil - same screen surround as the Bussard - are you following  :) this pic is what i need 

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2013, 08:31:09 PM »
What's it like behind the screen ? As in the windscreen wiper assembly on your car ?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2013, 09:02:04 PM »
i have nothing at all other than the bodyshell and a new dashboard that i have put in , hopefully the correct, place
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:12:21 PM by richard »

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2013, 09:36:13 PM »
Wow that's a serious amount of work to do, make the surround out of wood and clay to make the fiberglass mould , what's your plans with the rest of the car like the chassis ? Have you had the car long ?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2013, 09:39:44 PM »
everyone else on here is sick to death of it !  :D had it 10 years or so but got very little done - working , when  do , on 4 cars at the same time does not help  :)

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2013, 10:02:08 PM »
Is it the 3 wheel model ? Haha bout time you got on with it then , so if you've only got the body what's the idea with getting it back on the road , engine and chassis plans ?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2013, 10:08:34 PM »
I do have the chassis , all 4 wheels, and body I have sourced suitable speedo and panel switches and back and front lights .I  don't have seats, any interior ,dash, any wiring,screen surround or ANY suspension
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:21:37 PM by richard »

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2013, 10:20:13 PM »
Can't you use a mini front end with the engine  and build your own chassis or is this abit to much like car kit car for your liking ?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2013, 10:25:34 PM »
I know its a bit of a wreck BUT its a serious restoration of an historic vehicle - those sort of things are just not done old boy  :o

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2013, 10:37:07 PM »
Haha when I was typing that I thought it would be abit of an outrage ! Are you trying to source original parts ? Or have them made ?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2013, 10:43:32 PM »
A bit of both but all wil be "sympathetic" no photos exist of the interior , but everyone will know if its  " correct "

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2013, 10:58:14 PM »
it's a stunning looking car , just had a quick google and if you kept it similar to the other models you couldn't go far wrong