Author Topic: nice Bruetsch / Belcar pic  (Read 32445 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: nice Bruetsch / Belcar pic
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2013, 07:24:54 AM »
cockpit surround on this later V2 is raised , mine as you see has no lip at all hence the need for the frame - by the way where's that pic from out of interest ?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 10:10:02 AM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2013, 11:10:23 AM »
Load up some more pictures of your car as a whole , sounds really interesting, I'm prob going to outrage you again but have you ever thought about making a mould out of the car to get one on the road quicker ?

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2013, 12:35:06 PM »
The screen doesn't look high enough. Was Egon a short man? :D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2013, 01:17:58 PM »
Thanks malc I didn't recognise that pic though definitely seen it before . I believe that car is just a dummy with no engine/transmission and the wheels are just for show - actually thinking about it a bit like own  :D.                                 Still having difficulty seeing steves ENORMOUS pictures on my handheld device WI a 2" screen
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 06:31:56 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2013, 06:08:39 PM »
Herr Bruetsch doesn't appear to have been a tall man - here pictured with a tin of resin and glassfibre matting - then a fairly new material - i wish he could pop around and do the work now 

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2013, 07:29:46 PM »
Haha sorry for the massive pictures can't help it , there from an iPad , have you given fiberglass ago ?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2013, 07:35:05 PM »
you live on a very different planet to me steve . i have been hard at work which i do every week day , coming weekend pretty much booked with long country walk saturday and friends at ours for dinner till very late with much whisky to be consumed  ;) if i get around to the fibreglassing it will be next spring when i drag the Bruetsch out from under the Bond MK A . whilst hopefully painting and getting the Gordon roadworthy . such is my life  :)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2013, 01:52:41 PM »
In reference to malcolms advice to contact Mortons archive - I have received a reply but unfortunately they have no photographs of the Bruetsch Stand at the 1956 Earls Court Motorcycle Show  - a real shame . Interestingly the head archivist she said that she has looked through their " glass plates " BRILLIANT what a lovely job that must be !
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 07:21:41 PM by richard »

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2013, 01:06:47 PM »
Is that an amphibious Tourette?

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »
Is this a new photo to the forum?

on this blog

http://reservatory6.blogspot.jp/2013/12/paris-salon-de-lautomobile-1948-1955.html

Here is the description under the photo:-

WWII left Europe's auto industry in ruin. Before the factories of the major players could be rebuilt, small-timers eagerly stepped in to fill the basic transportation needs of weary citizens after years of hardship and uncertainty. Egon Brütsch's tiny three-wheeled roadster, suspiciously similar to the Peardrop microcar French aeronautical engineer Victor Bouffort promoted on a tour through Germany and the UK in 1952, was built from polyester half-shells glued at the waist and powered by the same 191cc Fichtel & Sachs two-stroke single used by Messerschmitt. He built some eleven variants between 1952 and 1958, negotiating licensing agreements with builders in Germany, France, Switzerland, Holland and Indonesia. But Brütsch was an entrepreneur, not an engineer, and his plastic hockey puck had a fatal flaw. Mechanical bits were simply bonded to the bodywork, which meant the vehicle's lifespan could be counted in days. Licensee Harald Friedrich hired Tatra's Hans Ledwinka to make his Spatz roadworthy, Jean Avot of Avolette turned to Victor Bouffort, whose design Brütsch had cribbed in the first place. Builders seldom managed to turn out more than a handful of cars before giving up completely, with accusations and lawsuits to follow. In the Spatz case, Ledwinka did a major rework, adding a central tube frame, strut suspension, hydraulic brakes and a fourth wheel. With so little remaining of the original design, Friedrich stopped paying royalties. Brütsch sued and lost, the judge declaring the original design a menace to society. But whose display is pictured here? The licensing offer on the windscreen reads Brütsch Sport 3 Places 3 Roues - License à Vendre Tous Pays (illegible). But according to Jan de Lange's Microcars Stories, the cars Avolette displayed at the 1955 Paris Salon were Brütsch Zwergs anyway.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 11:03:50 PM by Barry »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2013, 10:36:18 PM »
nice pic barry - never seen that one before