Author Topic: oops Frisky soft top  (Read 2616 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
oops Frisky soft top
« on: November 09, 2013, 04:31:00 PM »
have we seen these from Silverstone ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: oops Frisky soft top
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 04:34:55 PM »
Dear Richard

Did it go under a low bridge?

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 04:49:54 PM »
No doubt written up somewhere , it's from stilltimescollection again and captioned silverstone - the other vehicles are motorcycles. Turned over I imagine and glad I wasn't driving
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 04:59:44 PM »
Nice Victor in the background.  We (my Dad) had one of those - dreadful rust bucket even though it was only a few years old in about 1965.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 07:06:43 PM »
I mentioned these to John Meadows a little while back, they appear to be from an all two-stroke "Motor Cycling" event at Silverstone to celebrate Villiers' 60th year, reported in Motor Cycling Jan 8th 1959. Unless John has discovered otherwise, this appears to be the event where the Frisky crashed. It's given a four page article with several scooters, motorcycles and three-wheelers discussed and portrayed, but no Frisky photos, and very little mention in the text other than -

"Two more three-wheelers, a Wolverhampton Frisky and a Yorkshire made Scootacar, accentuated yet again the ubiquity of the 200cc engine in modern fan-cooled form. A transmission fault put the Frisky out of the running, but not before it's works driver, R. Kerr, had established that driven hard, this newcomer to the three-wheeler class will average 57mpg."

I'm guessing the transmission fault upset the slightly driver more than the journalist.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"