Author Topic: heinkel convertible  (Read 8065 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: heinkel convertible
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 12:12:59 PM »
I was also left slightly confused as to if the six were originals or copies. Still now we know. Thanks.

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 03:59:36 PM »
Hi Bob
           I was not around at the time they were produced - but the six photos that I have in the archive collection are all different they are different fronts different backs one or maybe two are four wheelers - we have always assumed that they were different car's but until we know differently we assumed that they were - 55 years ago was a bit difficult to remeber what Heinkel in Germany - Heinkel in Argentina - Heinkel Ireland ( in two locations ) and Trojan did - but the Trojan Convertible car built at the Trojan works in Croydon was not the one wrecked in a off road trial in Ireland ???

Mike

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 04:39:51 PM »
We had a similar problem with the Inter register, some of the cars just known from photographs turned out to be the same car. Different colours and different ownerships over many decades does muddy the waters!

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 05:58:19 PM »
Hi Bob
          The photographes were press photographes taken at the time not later photographes - unless they put out a three wheeler one month then recalled it into the workshops re-jigs the back end changed the number plate made it into a four wheeler and took another photograph of it - I think highly unlikely - unless you know differently :D
                                                                                                                       Mike

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 10:06:11 AM »
So the short answer is that no one really knows for sure how many convertibles were factory made then?