Author Topic: Query details on the Brütsch Mopetta  (Read 29615 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Query details on the Brütsch Mopetta
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2013, 03:49:09 PM »
okay mike i will try these out for size first thanks - other than this cone what would i need , obviously i need to make up 2 front and 2 rear actuating arms but what do mini  "trumpets" do ? are they just actuating arms ? why are they so shaped etc. any Mini experience out there ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/mini-suspension-cone
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 04:36:49 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2013, 05:39:20 PM »
I did a little on line research, and determined that the cones are just actuating arms as you had guessed.
Just designed that way to spread the load onto the doughnut.  Long adjustable length rods with a separate cone can be fitted to allow infinite height adjustments, which can be particularly use full after they initially settle in.
But to Mike, and anyone else with major Mini experience- Why do the eBay adverts usually show only one item listing for "Mini suspension doughnut",  whereas I saw a picture of a front unit in situ that looked considerably shorter/ more squat than ones shown at the rear of a car?

Also, how do you think these would fare for Steve Fisk's custom suspension that he is building for his P 50 replica, in place of his chosen stacked Rover engine mounts?

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2013, 06:06:34 PM »
Your project sounds cool , http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-90-110-ENGINE-MOUNTING-RUBBERS-2-/270715903091?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f07ecdc73 I used these on mine because it's an experiment 2 for a fivers pretty good even if it don't work

piatti

• Chatty
    • Rollermobilclub Schweiz
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2013, 08:13:09 AM »
here are a couple of pics of my car...
Rollermobilclub Schweiz
www.rollermobilclub.ch

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2013, 10:05:56 AM »
Your aluminium trim looks the same as used on VW Samba minibus etc. Nice!

li.ob.86

• Occasional
    • Linus Öberg - Formbestämmare
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2013, 10:23:52 PM »
WOW! this is amazing! Thank you soo much!  ;D ;D

li.ob.86

• Occasional
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2013, 05:41:09 PM »
Just finished the logo, does anyone have any input?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2013, 06:31:57 PM »
Very nice but what will it be ? A casting or transfer/decal or what ? Has our friend bruetsch-freak nothing to say on the subject ? You are very quiet nowadays my friend.  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

li.ob.86

• Occasional
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2013, 08:15:07 PM »
Regarding Bob's comment
trim looks the same as used on VW Samba
Is it possible that it is the same trim? considering that the samba is German and from '51, it doesn't seem very improbable.
I'm still ambivalent how to go about with production of the logo, for the moment I'm leaning toward CNC, I will make some further research first.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2013, 09:43:02 PM »
Hi Linus. I'm sure the trim was a common part in Germany in the 50's. I only made the observation as I spent much time searching for the correct trim for a project I'm currently working on and almost gave up and used this German trim. Thankfully I eventually found the correct extrusions here in the uk. I will send you a private message.  Bob

li.ob.86

• Occasional
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2013, 06:14:13 PM »
I just wish to show off a little with the progress I have made so far. As you can see it is still missing the bottom half of the body, if anyone has a clue as to where I might get some reference for its shape? Despite a few missing elements I dare say that most of the troublesome bodywork is done  ;D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch