Author Topic: Hello every one ! Would my peel replica build be welcome on RUMcars ?  (Read 379946 times)

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
Flexie brake pipes are needed , flexie from calliper to some kind of connector that mounts on the fibreglass shell then to another flexie pipe that connects to the master cylinder , if that makes sense please give me your ideas on parts

Bondbugcrazy

• Occasional
    • BondBug.com
What mods did you have to do to the 2cv seat to make it fit?
Bond Bug | Isetta 300 | KR 175 | Mini 30 | Bamby Peel P50 | Bamby Peel Trident | Honda ST 70 | Raleigh Chopper 5 Speed!!

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
Sit it on a milk crate.  Start the engine.  Put a light brick on the gas pedal, and hold a hacksaw against the beginning of the unneeded section of your axle.
You will have the offending section lathed off in no time. ;)

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
Your always welcome to come and have a look if you like , the cars not up to everyone's standard but I think it's worth seeing , I'm near stansted airport , the seat needed narrowing at the base but staying the same width on top (seat), then I took about 3" out from the straight bit near where it curves and reshaped the curve , lowered the back section by quite bit till it meets the window , welded 4 bolts to the base for fixing it to the car , then gaffer tape ! I cut the axle off for the Hammond open day Steven , you've not said much about your trident in a while mate

Bondbugcrazy

• Occasional
    • BondBug.com
Many thanks, I am in Scotland so it may be photo exchange!

Going to do the P50 first, started it today so should have photos soon
Bond Bug | Isetta 300 | KR 175 | Mini 30 | Bamby Peel P50 | Bamby Peel Trident | Honda ST 70 | Raleigh Chopper 5 Speed!!

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
Steven , you've not said much about your trident in a while mate
That is due to the fact that I've been busy re-rebuilding my Mincomtesse trans/clutch assembly, and then getting its engine running properly.
I had already cleaned and painted the tank, replaced fuel line, cleaned out shut off valve, and rebuilt the carb.  So despite having a normal sounding idle- when it balked badly instead of moving forward after putting foot down on accelerator pedal, I could only hope it was points gap and timing.  The points turned out to be in good shape, but set 9 thousandths too wide and opening 2mm too early.
I was very relieved to see it move under its own power after the day long trauma of getting to the points and making these adjustments.  But I don't know about second gear engagement yet, as my patio, where all the work has been done for the last year is only about 10 feet long.
I plan on moving a few cars around to get it to the open road in a couple of hours when it cools off a little.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Hello every one ! Would my peel replica build be welcome on RUMcars ?
« Reply #216 on: August 01, 2014, 08:38:56 AM »
Its Comtesse time as Ian is getting his ex-Cyphus one restored and running too. I believe its to take pride of place in a parade with its doors lodged open due to heat and the oddity in construction and design. At this rate there will be more Comtesse running about than Peels, though I do not know what Island Comtesse might inhabit.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #217 on: August 01, 2014, 10:49:33 AM »
perhaps The Clangers planet ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #218 on: August 01, 2014, 10:52:09 AM »
I naturally assumed they were Trojan owners with all those dustbin lids scattered about, but perhaps your right.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #219 on: August 01, 2014, 07:48:37 PM »
it is true that forces of natural selection tend to promote dwarfism in island environs.
The pygmy mammoths of Catalina island are a good example.
Interesting to note that these same conditions of isolation from selective pressures of natural selection on the gene pool also tend to foster a delay in extinction of the subvariant of the species.
In the case of the Pygmy mammoths, they lasted on Catalina until only 5000 years ago- about the time when humans were first trying the pyramid thing.
Whereas their full grown brethren are widely accepted to have disappeared approx. twice that long ago every place else.
As a matter of fact their still is a disproportionately high number of microcars observed on the streets of present day Catalina.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 12:11:34 AM by steven mandell »

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #220 on: August 02, 2014, 09:57:02 PM »
Brake pedal and master cylinder test fitted looks like the spacing should be ok

Bondbugcrazy

• Occasional
    • BondBug.com
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2014, 12:46:27 AM »
This seems to have gone all silent, how is the project doing?

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2014, 08:24:58 AM »
It's all going well but I've been doing really boring stuff like soldering wires , sanding down fibreglass that I laid wrong , stuff that takes ages but needs doing even I didn't want to bore you all with them pictures haha , how you getting on with yours

Bondbugcrazy

• Occasional
    • BondBug.com
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2014, 12:30:41 AM »
Chassis, rear axle and front suspension all done and now hope to get this test fitted to the body and the engine brackets positioned over the weekend. Seat frame made, steering parts all here ready to be put together however the brackets are all welded up. Been working on a gear change linkage for the car and just ordered all the parts I need to make up a harness. Brake parts here but not even looked at them yet.

Need to workout a speedo drive method and source the parts along with stuff like a handbrake and switch gear.

Slow work and now the frustrating part of making it all fit.

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2014, 07:45:36 AM »
You really got on with that quick well done ! I've got to a stage that the main bits done but there's so many little bits left to do it's overwhelming , as for the speedo I went for a acewell speedo with a magnetic pick up