Author Topic: Minicomtesse mysteries revisited  (Read 10036 times)

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
Re: Minicomtesse mysteries revisited
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2013, 07:12:36 PM »
So good to have both the Master of the known Universe, and a French connection on line for this discussion.
Welcome back to you both.
Who can set the record straight as to the history of the timing of when the 2 small front training wheels were built into the cars?
I still don't understand the need for the upswinging door- unless it was intended solely for when one parked perpendicular to the curb very close to a car to the left of you/ in front of your direction of travel- whilst both this car, and any car close to your right side would have to be parked in spaces that could not allow anyone else to park ahead or behind them, respectively.  Otherwise the already extremely narrow Minicomtesse would certainly become even narrower.
Sounds like you both need to watch the hilarious video of these cars flipping for fun that Nick posted a short while ago on this site.
The cars in the videos have full external roll cages, and bigger engines mounted above the rear axle, which should make them  more stable.
I'd like to know why the greater weight of the power plant over the rear axle, together with less weight higher up and over the non roll resistive singular front wheel does not appear to have increased their stability, to say the least.
One of the cars in the video shows rear wheels displaying excessive camber, and both are devoid of their small 2 front training wheels, but that does not fully explain why both of them seem to be rolling around like eggs at sea.
Does anyone know how these acrobatics were achieved.

Dennis, with my ignorance of your language, and only having access to a smart phone for the time being, I was unable to view your video.
Hopefully I I'll either get a link from you, or a new computer very soon so as I can see what I have been missing I could not get my Smart
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 07:15:32 PM by steven mandell »

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2013, 07:21:56 PM »
I often have the problem of not being allowed to see the last lines of my text whilst typing them or attempting to correct/ delete any of this lower appearing verbage.
This is why my last post ends apparently nonsensically.
Anyone out there know why, or what can be done to correct such situations?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 07:47:17 PM by steven mandell »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2013, 07:47:42 PM »
i was wondering whether to comment ! especially immediately after your comment regarding mastery of Denis' language  :D :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 08:06:40 PM »
Now the mystery of the MKI Mini Comtesse is resolved with some good photos from Facebook - Bubbles Micros & Scoots

https://www.facebook.com/groups/181148538580472/

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 08:29:49 PM »
I am presuming that this is a prototype as it only has one door, and that door is conventionally hinged, along with the fact that it has no training wheels.
I did not see any write up on it or any other Minicomtesses when I clinked on the link that you provided.
Did I miss something?

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 08:45:33 PM »
I think this is the early model that Denis talked about.

The first Mini Comtess with one door and no training wheels.  The one that the lady got trapped in.
I don't think it was a prototype but the second door and the training wheels were added very early in production.

I included a link to the Facebook group (Bubbles, Micros and scoots) but there is no write-up.  Lots of other interesting things on there though.