Author Topic: cheap petrol  (Read 1222 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
cheap petrol
« on: December 02, 2013, 04:38:23 PM »
Up in Dumbarton this week and saw an ESSO petrol promotion at a fuel station a large poster shouted this - CHEAP PETROL TWO DAYS A WEEK - there was no further detail but it's asking for the obvious graffiti which is of course .....        
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:42:26 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: cheap petrol
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 05:24:38 PM »
Hui Richard

Is this part of the governments attempt to support rural communities with subsidised fuel. Make it cheap for two days and even more expensive the other five.

So provided you do not use any more than one tank full a week you can take advantage of the subsidy.

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 05:47:21 PM »
The two days with a Z in them! ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 05:56:14 PM »
Yesterday and the day before?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 06:24:08 PM »
Well bob I was thinking yesterday and tomorrow -  but I wonder what the deal is ? And how cheap ? Not much I bet. A stupid headline just inviting a negative response I thought .
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 09:19:06 AM »
I reckon it is no more than a PR stunt: crude price has fallen, but rather than permanently reduce the cost of petrol, doing it for just two days allows them to claim they have dropped prices but they are still making extra profit 5 days a week! Sure, if you are canny and your life-style and commuting habits can accommodate filling up on cheap days then you are quids in, but I suspect most people cannot.

Apparently energy prices are going down slightly due to all the recent controversy. I think my workshop is likely to get £20 reduction. Wow, £1,980 as opposed to £2,000, whatever will I do with my new found wealth?!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face