Author Topic: Bubblecar rally Belgium  (Read 9082 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Bubblecar rally Belgium
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 11:53:47 AM »
And the National Tramway Museum at Crich?

http://www.tramway.co.uk/

Not to be missed.

Yes, we did Crich when the National was up at Southwell one year. We drove the Schmitt from Southwell race coarse to the museum, its more like a village than a museum, well worth visiting even though trams don't interest me particularly!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 11:56:48 AM »
this post was all about Belgium  :) i wonder how many european micro car clubs there are WHEN i get a car thats okay to drive these really must be considered . The problem with all of them is they are much further away being up here , i will make at least some of them, DWAC Dutch rally is being targetted by the Bond Minicar club this year at the end of their Bonds Abroad week . Do the european rallies centre on all day Sunday concourse line up - i find this the most boring part of any rally , just a line of cars all broadly similar and far too squashed together . Friday, Saturday evenings are much more fun strolling around the site not knowing what little gem you will find next  ;)
I don't think you need to be worrying about that for a while Richard, hell is a long way from freezing over! :D :D :D  Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm sure you will finish something soon! ;) ;)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 12:52:28 PM »
what touching faith you have Bob - i wish I had it  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2014, 09:02:09 AM »
No, most European events recognize that distance has to be covered. There is a tendency, therefore, for Saturday to be the main day and Sunday is often a line up, or local run out so that folk can feed back to the campsite and go home. If a bank holiday some countries take the Friday, not the Monday, as the holiday so the event becomes Thurs, Fri, Sat.
Very often there is a stump left of those who are staying an extra day. This maybe larger as it seems less car get driven over and back over 3 or 5 day tickets, like we used to do. Dutch Rally, I would normally be be back at work on Monday. Then it seems less folk go abroad in any form, for rallies. Despite all the retirements and campervans, which can represent good value on a ferry crossing if you have got yourself sorted out. Nonetheless its still far more interesting to drive the cars to the events.

Crech seems a good venue for a Rally to me. Stuff the streets with Microcars. Centre of the country.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs