Author Topic: a more ridiculous project you never heard of - or saw !  (Read 3094 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
a more ridiculous project you never heard of - or saw !
« on: January 09, 2014, 09:17:37 PM »
i did post pics of the Bond G Tourer rear end that i bought last year , but did i ever show pictures of the project as advertised on Ebay  ? The pictures from the ad tell the story really but this was being sold as a Trike Project .
The forks and front wheel were Kawasaki motorcycle , the engine , Triumph car i was told , the drive shaft off i know not what and intended to drive some sort of live axle i think on the rear end which was the aluminium rear of the Bond Minicar with 10" wheels  !! an incredible mind must have thought this one up !! Mind it may have come into a crazed mind purely as the colour of the Bond and the Kawasaki were almost identical - very handy that , it would save on paint  :)
as we are quiet i thought to post these pics to enquire has anyone heard of anything more hairbrained ? Barry perhaps ?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:24:10 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: a more ridiculous project you never heard of - or saw !
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 09:26:20 PM »
looking at this again he may have been colour blind because obviously his prototype - the horse - managed to work okay despite front and rear being different colours 
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 11:39:12 PM »
looks more like the front section of that Van is the rear of the Trike project.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 09:03:23 AM »
So perhaps a Herald or Spitfire engine, m/c forks mated to an ali Bond rear end with its flexible chassis?

Only one suitable word for that: Kamikaze.

On the motorway near Plymouth I once saw a "Triple Trike" / 9 Wheeler:

Heavy m/c forks and wheel at front, modified Reliant chassis (probably) and two 4 wheel van/truck axles at the back. Very "Mad Max", amazing looking, and possibly very good in a straight line, but cornering? What cornering?!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 09:46:00 AM »
He is into blue isn't he. Bonkers.
Modified Triumphs - you throw the engine away as they are crap and use the front suspension.
Ah trike so we cannot do that. Kwaka is as good. Now what rear wheel drive car can we find that is cheap. I know. A Bond 875. Well this MkG is close, so we can put the Bond front/Villiers on the Triumph and flog that as a Trike.
The front of the Triumph without engine to someone doing an early TVR or something, The Kwaka engine can go on the lawn mower for a quick result. Bonsor!
Oh. The Bond was not rear wheel drive after all, quick, flog it to the Wirral, it must be better than a Gordon still! Ah, but the Gordon moves.....

I wonder if he would like an invalid carriage?

Once saw the aftermath of a Bike having hit a Skoda so hard it had cut it in half. I then realized it was a Skoda based Trike that had collapsed at speed on the Oxford bypass. Handy if you want a leg to hang round your neck.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs