Author Topic: Dates for 2014  (Read 5556 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Dates for 2014
« on: February 09, 2014, 06:49:52 PM »
Might be a list viewable somewhere if I can make the thing work.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Re: Dates for 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 10:40:54 PM »
Copy and Paste Al.  ;D

Dates 2014

Feb -     28th to      - Antwerp Classic Car Show

March – 9th            - Newbury Classic Vehicle Show and Autojumble, Newbury Racecourse

22nd          - Kempton Bike jumble

April –  6th             – 4 X 4 Spares Day, Newbury Showground

11th to 14th - SMCC  Spring Rally, Vale of Lorton, Cumbria – Alan Prince

May –  1st               - Bug Club event

17th to 18th – Beaulieu Spring Autojumble

25th            - Southern Bike Show, Kempton

June –  5th to 8th      - Northern Microocar Rally, in the south of the north, Square and Compass,
                                 Matlock DE4 2EQ

7th              - Letchworth Garden City classic and vintage car club Transport Picnic SG4
                                 7DP

8th              - Banbury Run, Gaydon, WR11 7TF

8th              - Churchill Classic Cars, on the Green.

15th            - Classic Car Day at Toddington

21st            - German Car day at Billing Aquadrome (Oh dear, cannot stand the place)

19th to 22nd – Bug Club Rally, Carssington Water, Ashbourne DE6 1NQ

26th to 29th – Ray's Rally, Wolds View Troring Park, Market Rasen. LN7 6RJ

July –   4th to 6th      - Bath Microcar Rally, Keynsham. BS31 2BE

6th               - Shelsely Walsh

Aug -    1st to 3rd      - Loxwood, Bond nominated event.

1st to 3rd      - VSCC Prescott   

22nd to 26th  - 6th Cheshire Microcar Rally, Sycamore Farm Caravan ParkSite, Nether
                                  Alderley. SK10 4TU

29th to 31st – Bisbie Burgandy National Rally, Featuring Isetta special focus, France

29th to 31st – DWAC, Dutch Rally

Sept –   6th to 7th     - Beaulieu Autojumble

11th to 14th – National  Microcar Rally Weatherby, Yorks. LS22 5EJ

14th           - Classic Car Day, Toddington.

20th to 21st – 40th Anniversery National Rally Road Run, Burford, Cotswolds – still
                                  planning.

25Th to 28th – Micromaniacvs Christmas party, Deax Sports and Social Club.

Oct       5th               - 4 x 4 Spares day, Newbury Showground.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 12:09:45 AM »
Thanks. I forget all these things.

No MOC Rally date but I know they are going with Kettering again. Naught from Berks, Bond Minicars, Bubblecar museum, Heinkel Trojan Club Ltd.

Lost track of rallies on the continent. Is there Swedish, Finish rallies; Swiss, Austrian. German Schmitts, Heinkels, Goggos and so on. The Belgium Rally?

I know more about what is going on as events in America as they kind of realize you need to tell peeps your doing something for them to take the trouble to attend. Found loads of microcars for sale world wide while looking.

July sits rather empty. Forgot Drive it day, damn.

Ignore the local stuff and others. Its work in hand.

If I get sorted here Lorton might be a possibility and the Northern Rally as as near as I think it has ever been. The south relies on Bath again but hopefully the 40th run might tempt a few out.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stef

• Occasional
  • Don't burst my Bubble World!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 04:12:35 PM »
Being a dumb newbie, what is the MOC Rally?  Messerscmitt Rally?

I live next to Kettering and would be keen to join in local events with my new Trojan! :)  Should be taking it to Silverstone Classics if weather proves suitable.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 04:59:11 PM »
yes stef in micro context MOC - Messerschmitt owners club and MEC - Messerschmitt enthusiasts club . Trojans not necessarily welcome at either but they could be , seek advice first i guess 
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 06:26:36 PM »
funny that other micros not welcome thought it would be a good way to possibly recruit new members who may then purchase a car!
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 06:43:26 PM »
I just realized that there is a CALENDAR feature for this forum that was not enabled.
I just clicked a button and made it visible.  Look at the main menu list across the top of your screen for CALENDAR.
I think anyone can add info to it.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 06:59:30 PM »
woah ! i didn't say not welcome . i didn't want stef to make a trip and be turned away at the gate . some meetings are more obviously multi make and MOC can be a bit sniffy. Can't they ? i wouldn't imagine being welcome in my Gordon or a Reliant    ;)

wow ! just looked at calendar and it's got birthdays too ! mine's up there 12th April so no excuses FRIENDS  ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:44:41 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 07:42:07 PM »
Indeed the MOC can be a bit funny about other classic cars and not let them on the rally field, relegating them to an of pitch area or general car park. However if right on top of the event it would be worth popping along to Wickstead Park - but it is expensive to get in if your not careful.

MEC are so laid back they are horizontal and anyone who turns up with anything is welcome.

I do not make the rules up, merely reporting from experience.

Stef

• Occasional
  • Don't burst my Bubble World!
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 10:27:53 AM »
Guess there is a difference between Owners and Enthusiasts then  :-\

Well if I'm around I may buzz by either way.  I'll go cruise Kettering town if I get denied entry!  Better fit the base tube if I'm to do that though...