Author Topic: Help needed from a Nobel owner please  (Read 1807 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Help needed from a Nobel owner please
« on: January 16, 2014, 08:25:26 PM »
I wonder if a Nobel owner would be kind enough to post a photo of how the front brake cables are routed please. Thanks.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
Re: Help needed from a Nobel owner please
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:04:48 PM »
Dark blue and white (with red stripe), otherwise original appearing 1959 model except for white plastic pull clamp hanging from tie rod, that was there when I got it.
Want more views?
I can photo  red and white, but it already had a new floor when I got it.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 10:47:19 PM »
Thanks Steve, that tells me what I needed to know. I wasn't sure if they ran over or under the chassis member. Its clearly over. Hmmm, strange place to have a tie strap.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 12:13:40 AM »
I agree.
My red and white has a longitudinally orientated bracket on the spine of the frame that renders a tie unnecessary.
Recognize the shock and spring, of course.  Thanks again for making them available to me.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 10:06:17 AM »
Longitudinally orientated ah? Must have been invented by the great John Harrison then or Thomas Mudge on the later ones. ;)
The bracket looks like the answer to another issue, I was going to tie strap the cable to the cross member but the bracket looks like its designed to allow some movement of the cable so I think Bobette will grow one of those! I am in your debt Steve.
Yes, recognized those fine Hagon coil overs.