Author Topic: Microcars at Retromobil 2010  (Read 39600 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Microcars at Retromobil 2010
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2014, 01:24:38 PM »
Are we talking about the Kover Atlas connection?

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 07:38:13 AM »
hy bob,; am i able to answer too??, or not ...
"Bubblecars & Scooters en Bourgogne" president
scooters & microcars addict since 1985
http://bubblecars.aero-jean-do.com
next edition : 28-30 august 2018 : ROLUX special edition !!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2014, 09:53:58 AM »
Of course you can! I only ticked Chris off because he was answering them as soon as I put the pictures up and even then I was joking!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2014, 10:26:33 AM »
Whilst on that subject we really could do with stuart marking our work - oops on the trivia that is
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 10:29:10 AM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2014, 02:35:53 PM »
Yes, he has gone very quite. The thought did cross my mind that some of the guesses may have necessitated him modify the answers!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2014, 09:59:41 AM »
Trouble is generally there is an official answer and the real answer to such questions. There is strong evidence, for instance, that the Wright Brothers were not the first to achieve powered flight. They were the first to gain international publicity for achieving powered flight. Not the same thing.

Still the fun is to see if the grey matter can produce an answer, before looking it up and finding the answer, and then submitting it before everyone else. My knowledge on odd cars is not as good as people think. Partly because I find I only really memorize things I can use on cars I have. I forget about stuff I read that is not directly useful. Annoying, as when the answer comes I think to myself. I knew that, but could not bring it to the front of my mind.

Bit like IQ tests. I find I start looking at the questions and think, 'but who cares'. Allegedly I am capable of a high score but what does that actually mean? Perhaps thats why people have no idea what I am on about half the time as I am a sort of moving IQ question to other folks. That works well then, especially as I make as many mistakes as other folks! Maybe I should do yogi or something. Yogic Bubbling, increasing the reliability of your unknown microcar, as you obtain it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2014, 10:30:19 AM »
What does IQ mean?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2014, 10:33:57 AM »
Idiotic questions I think?

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2014, 10:35:23 AM »
[quote author=Big Al I find I only really memorize things I can use on cars I have. I forget about stuff I read that is not directly useful. Annoying, as when the answer comes I think to myself. I knew that, but could not bring it to the front of my mind.
[/quote]
It still blows me away that you were able to remember the colors of all the wires (even differentiating stripe and back ground colors) in my Trojans wiring harnesses, as well as what they connected to, including the identification symbols stamped into the regulator tabs, and the relative thicknesses of the wires themselves. ???
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 10:40:17 AM by steven mandell »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2014, 07:01:57 PM »
Well that is a product of getting stuck with Treinkel wiring faults, or knobbed restorations, when trying to use them over 25 years. You learn to fix them or you never get anywhere. Ask me the same for an Bond and I would be stumped. You got lucky is all.

Any news on the Sachs Clutch plates? Not had time to refind the Dutch source. Was not Ferdi, who is German last time I looked. I think it is Timmerman your looking for, close but not the same. Bound to be for sale at Antwerp or Essen Shows I would think.

That got us a lot nearer IDing the car!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2014, 07:40:22 PM »
You are remembering correctly, (as opposed to my remembering incorrectly) again.
I need the Timmerman Netherlands connection to find a replacement clutch for my exploded Minicomtesse Saxonette unit.
Still don't know what to call, and more importantly,  where to find the spline stripped  tubular retaining piece with circumferential cut outs seen mounted on a spring in the center of the accompanying picture provided for reference.
All help appreciated here.

But please somebody comment on a Retromobile picture soon or Bob will have to resurrect Richard as on duty off topic Gestapo, and we might next have to be more careful with our spelling. ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2014, 11:33:23 PM »
Yes, please start a new thread!

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2014, 01:28:27 AM »
Got more pics?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2014, 08:40:02 AM »
Yes but I would like to know more about the red car I posted on page 1.
Here it is again.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2014, 08:51:59 AM »
I am assuming it is not a Paul Vallee. Sure mine had more of a greenhouse look about it. The paper/hardboard/whatever body was a bit deformed too. Needed steaming with some formers to get its shape back. I believe this has been done and the car is a runner thanks to management from another micronaut expert before it disappeared into private collectorship.