Author Topic: Victim  (Read 4423 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Victim
« on: January 22, 2014, 09:12:39 AM »
It must be my turn!  Firstly someone crashes there car through my garden wall and damages my car, now the car has been got into and someone has stolen the sat nav. It wasn't on display but I think by leaving the suction holder on the screen lets the thieves know you have one and that's its likely to be in the glove box. Take a tip from me, don't leave the satnav holder on your screen when not in use. Better still, don't leave the satnav in your glove box!

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Re: Victim
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 09:50:33 AM »
That's bad news Bob

Come and live in rural Suffolk where you can leave your keys in the car and your front door open.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 10:02:20 AM »
Sorry to hear it bob , have to say you see the screen attachment thing a lot and even if you take it with you they might break in to see if you have ! Round here you could leave the keys in the car after midnight and the car would still be there in the morning , because the wheels would have been taken by 9. 30 ;D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:23:50 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 11:29:12 AM »
The mystery is I don't know when or where it was stolen. They didn't "break" in. It could have happened anywhere. Although I always lock the car, sometimes when I return to it the doors are unlocked. I think as the key fob rattles around in my pocket the open button gets pushed so maybe someone took advantage of an unlocked door.. This or the thieves car open doors now without a trace. The car goes in for repair next week, I think the damaged wall will cost more than the car.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 12:40:46 PM »
Terrible Bob, hope my bad luck last year hasn't rubbed off on you, does throw your confidence slightly. Re: SatNav, most likely an opportunist.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:45:27 PM by blob »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 01:29:58 PM »
Then of course you might just find it down the back of the sofa then Bob  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 01:55:50 PM »
Ho ho!  No they carefully unattached the cable and holder from the dashboard. I'm amazed they didn't take my Bob Dylan CD's! They obviously have no taste! :D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 02:17:49 PM »
The times - they are a changing

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 06:04:57 PM »
Dear Bob

They were probably kids who thought Bob Dylan was classical music.

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 06:30:45 PM »
Or perhaps they were Brahms and Liszt

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 11:47:25 PM »
Perhaps they looked at the Dylan CD but preferred something with more direction. Then again perhaps they were just a pain in the neck. Sorry to hear of our misfortune Bob.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 08:58:26 AM »
Ram raid for a sat nav. Traditionally it was a cash machine, then fashion shops. Now its people who look wealthy. Then again perhaps the Sat Nav was needed as they thought they were in Kensington at the time :D.
One reason for moving away from other people is to reduce the devastation they can cause to what was a nice calm happy little life. The perpetrators wonder off as if nothing has happened leaving a whole load of hassle behind them. See it all the time.
So in theory less people, less chance of it happening. Yet a mate who lives on a pigging mountain in Wales has been burgled. That is not chance and would have taken surveillance. We have a cunning plan if they come back, like nicking/immobilizing their transport!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 09:56:08 AM »
Well as I have no idea where my car actually was when the satnav was stolen I cannot blame any particular area, it could have been on the local council estate, my church car park or even a mountain in Wales, where strangely enough I have been recently!
The "ram raider" who broke through my garden wall was actually a young girl who lives just up the road. Her new Ford KA is now a write off. It was a very icy slippery road early one morning in December. Its still hard to understand how she did it though as the road outside is perfectly straight with no obstacles. I actually feel quite sorry for her because I dread to think what her insurance premium will be next year!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 05:08:30 PM »
Sorry to hear this Bob. Perhaps satnavs should be "contactable" by your phone so that you can find out where it has ended up.

Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face