Author Topic: I'm Alright Jack  (Read 1870 times)

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
I'm Alright Jack
« on: February 08, 2014, 11:57:44 PM »
Most people have probably noticed the Heinkel (VLO 868) that features in this film, but as the film was on again the other day I thought I'd share the illustration of it by Michael ffolkes that appears in the titles. His cartoons were often seen in Punch and The New Yorker. 
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: I'm Alright Jack
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 09:33:07 AM »
Cheers Malcolm, ffolkes was a fine cartoonist and that is a great film, I have it on DVD, also Double Bunk and Blue Murder at St Trinians, complete with Heinkel!

Ffolkes/ffolkes/fFolkes, can never remember which is right, but I think it's fFolkes; apparently the ff was a typographical representation of anold letter from around the Welsh borders.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: I'm Alright Jack
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 11:50:28 AM »
A touch of artist license,coming in, there. Could you guess it was a Trojan from that illustration? Probably not important to the distributors brief.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs