Author Topic: Mopetta high resolution pics...  (Read 14323 times)

piatti

• Chatty
    • Rollermobilclub Schweiz
Mopetta high resolution pics...
« on: March 02, 2014, 03:58:49 PM »
I'm looking for these pictures in high resolution. I already talked to getty images, but they will not provide it to a private person.
Does anyone have these pics in high resolution or own the mecanic illustration journal and is able to scan the article with this pictures?

thanks, Oliver
Rollermobilclub Schweiz
www.rollermobilclub.ch

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Mopetta high resolution pics...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 12:29:43 AM »
Hi Oliver

For what it's worth there are very slightly larger versions on this Russian website.
http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/irena_69/post216658565/

It obviously depends on how large you want to print them, but the quality is such that these would still produce very good results if you just scale up the image size in photoshop to 300dpi or more. I very much doubt scans from a magazine would produce better images as you get all sorts of problems with the dot screening that would have been used.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

piatti

• Chatty
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 07:39:11 AM »
thanks - thats a good starting point.
Rollermobilclub Schweiz
www.rollermobilclub.ch

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 11:21:02 AM »
Dear All

Do we know the name of the person in the photographs, Could it be Mike Pollock-Hill?

Can anybody confirm or provide an alternative name?

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Trident

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 11:54:24 AM »
I was led to believe it was Rupert P Froggatt, from Abbey Bridge Garage, Lenton, Nottingham.
The plan was to manufacture cars under the "Bruetsch" (note the different spelling) name and sold from premises in Sherwin Road, Nottingham. How many were made  remains a mystery. Of course Mopettas are still produced in Nottingham to this day.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 12:46:13 PM »
A strange one that . When i met Mr. Froggatts son he never mentioned his father or himself driving a Mopetta though he did mention the appalling handling of the larger early Bruetsch Spatz cars and how one swerved around on some manoevre and completed a 360`turn ! This at the bottom of Bunny Hill to any who might know Nottingham  ;) But he was talking of another driver at least on that occasion .  Heres a picture of the Early cars that came over in 1955 to be considered .
I have reason to suspect that Olivers photo's date from 1958 and the Mopetta is not that one featured on the Bruetsch stand of 1956 Motorcycle show
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:52:15 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

piatti

• Chatty
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 12:53:02 PM »
the getty archives says:

April 1958: The 50cc Mopetta from the Brutsch stables at Stuttgart is available in London at a cost of ?200. The one-seater, three-wheeler has a maximum speed of 21 miles per hour. (Photo by Rosemary Matthews/BIPs/Getty Images)

I guess that the given time and photographers name are correct

Rollermobilclub Schweiz
www.rollermobilclub.ch

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 05:25:27 PM »
Its the same reg car as that used in the road test in The Motor - 25th December 1957 which that article states was supplied by MPHW Sales Ltd, 23 Piccadilly, London W1. But doesn't this car/driver feature in a movietone clip as well?
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 05:53:04 PM »
Dear Malcolm

MPHW is Michael Pollock-Hill Williams, hence the previous question. As the car is shown driving in Central London it is more likely to be Pollock Hill or Williams rather than Froggatts.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 06:05:22 PM »
for those using this as reference i am fairly sure that Bunny Hill would be no relation to Pollock- Hill  ;D so don't pursue that one
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 09:51:27 PM »
This is my original Bruetsch price list . the prices were nominal as in fact they never got so far as actualy taking orders and by 1957/8 any MPHW Mopettas would have not come via Froggatts at Nottingham - the deal with Herr Bruetsch fell through - if there ever was one indeed .
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:39:24 AM by richard »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 07:23:09 AM »
for those using this as reference i am fairly sure that Bunny Hill would be no relation to Pollock- Hill  ;D so don't pursue that one

Indeed so, He was in the habit of being chased by playgirls. His son turned that into a popular TV sketch or two. Just thought I would Breutsch the topic.
What do these cars have to do with the ones in Scotland?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

piatti

• Chatty
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 09:13:52 AM »
Just popped up on eBay... I didn't know this article. Glad, the seller added large pics :-)

Rollermobilclub Schweiz
www.rollermobilclub.ch

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 01:58:46 PM »
Beeb Beeb?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

piatti

• Chatty
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 04:49:46 PM »
same car?

Rollermobilclub Schweiz
www.rollermobilclub.ch