Author Topic: Bubblecar rally Belgium  (Read 9024 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Bubblecar rally Belgium
« on: March 13, 2014, 10:41:23 AM »
http://www.dwergautos.be/evenementen/221-dacb-bubble-car-rally-2014
Just found this although it looks like its too late to register.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Bubblecar rally Belgium
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 10:50:53 AM »
Love the idea of foreign rallies - where did this one SPROUT up from ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 06:26:34 PM »
Dear Bob

Do not give up so easily, Contact them I am sure they will be all too pleased to hear from you. The location is half way between Dunkirk and Ostende. I drove through there the summer of 2011 and it is like mile upon mile of Clackton sands. In mid summer all of Belgium flock to the coast, and the coast road is one long traffic jam. They have an excellent tram that runs the full length of the coast, which is quicker than driving, and in places goes up the main road with the cars (good fun). Nice and flat for a road run.

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 09:55:46 PM »
I knew there was a rally but not how or where to access the info. The joys of links pages and such..... How many other events are being missed? Sweden, Germany, Finland, Austria etc etc.

As it happens the Belgium event would be great as there is a tram to play with and its nearer than some of the British events! Probably a miss now as I am going to Lorton.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 11:46:12 PM »
Traffic jams, tourists, I'm put off already!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 07:41:53 AM »
But its the Essex of the lowlands with a tram! And they have cycle tracks and a tram. Did I mention there is a tram?

Are you popping up to Lorton then?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 09:11:57 AM »
But its the Essex of the lowlands with a tram! And they have cycle tracks and a tram. Did I mention there is a tram?

Are you popping up to Lorton then?

I don't know, where is Lorton, do they have trams there? Who are you Sheldon Cooper?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 10:44:07 PM »
Lorton has not a lot of anything from what was said today. Just Cumbrian wilderness. But its the call of the Lakes. Thats Thurrock with girt hills and no shops to speak of.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 11:55:42 PM »
I know where it is really Al. We go to the lakes every September, usually Coniston but this year Langdale.
What are girt hills?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:57:52 PM by Bob Purton »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 07:17:53 AM »
Girt hills are smaller than mountains, I think. Not an expert as I live near Downs, which are confusing because from where I live they are Ups. On the other side of us are Wolds. Wolds seem more expensive as they are made out of stuff a bit harder. I live in a hanging valley, apparently. And everyone seems so friendly.

From conversation overheard and talking to folk there seems to be a reaction to Lakeland prices and the fact that this campsite has few plug in plots. A situation that likewise exists in the Cotswolds, potentially. Makes holding an event to attract all folk rather difficult. Need a good site for the Microcar lager to circle and set camp. Just hope some folk support these more interesting rallies.

Never stayed in the Lake District myself. My place is just outside. So I am not really very familiar with area myself. More North Wales.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 07:31:10 AM »
Having visited The Lakes many times over the years we've recently discovered North Yorkshire - beautiful countrysde with many attractioons but less crowded. The Lakes can be maddening , those coaches of fopreign tourists aaaargh.       Has Grt always been a word ,  my family in Somerset use it a lot - Grt or girt lush usually , or is it abbreviated Great from textspeak   ? 
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 08:36:09 AM »
Two really good holidays in Yorkshire and Yorkshire / Derbyshire boarders.  last year was Northumberland. So many things to see and do and some real English history.  Great places and far less crowded than the lakes.  Lovely welcoming people in Yorkshire and Northumberland.  Always conscious of value for money too! - unlike the lakes.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 08:54:05 AM »
I wouldn't entertain going to the Lakes any earlier than Septemeber. The later in the year the better to avoid the crowds.
We had a great holiday in Yorkshire too a few years back, based just outside of Pickering, visiting places like York, Whitby, even had a drink in the Aidensfield arms!

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 09:06:57 AM »
And the National Tramway Museum at Crich?

http://www.tramway.co.uk/

Not to be missed.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2014, 09:25:14 AM »
this post was all about Belgium  :) i wonder how many european micro car clubs there are WHEN i get a car thats okay to drive these really must be considered . The problem with all of them is they are much further away being up here , i will make at least some of them, DWAC Dutch rally is being targetted by the Bond Minicar club this year at the end of their Bonds Abroad week . Do the european rallies centre on all day Sunday concourse line up - i find this the most boring part of any rally , just a line of cars all broadly similar and far too squashed together . Friday, Saturday evenings are much more fun strolling around the site not knowing what little gem you will find next  ;)