Author Topic: Tri Tech £10k?  (Read 13524 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Tri Tech £10k?
« on: March 27, 2014, 08:07:33 AM »
Ebay has a Tri Tech listed, look at the pics, its not a Messerschmitt despite what the seller says, at nudging £10,000. Now if that sale is achieved what a watershed. Tri Tech parts start becoming valuable! Of course you might suggest many and various comments but eBay have refused to remove the advert as misleading, apparently. So buyer beware if they think this is a cheap KR200.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Barry

• Prolific Poster

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Tri Tech £10k?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 10:24:23 AM »
As much as I am against people flagging up items for sale on ebay or any other auction for that matter on the forum I think Al is right to alert all to this one. The seller must know full well its a TriTech and at this price level someone is going to be cheated out of there hard earned.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 01:00:09 PM »
I cannot from my phone but do think its worth asking exactly what percent is Messerschmitt 1959 ?  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 01:09:12 PM »
It's the old "Trigger's Brush" problem*, isn't it!

Trigger And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years.
This old broom's had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time.
Sid How the hell can it be the same bloody broom then?
Trigger There's the picture. What more proof do you need?

(* As in Trigger from Only Fools and Horses.  Also know as Theseus's Paradox, or "Ship of Theseus".)

If I take a Morris Minor, and put a Toyota engine in it and tell the DVLA, it'll still be a Morris. If I then change the body panels for fibreglass versions in the same shape, it'll still be a Morris ... and so on.

In this case, there are two questions:  does it actually arise from a Messerschmitt, and is it fraudulently registered with the DVLA?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 07:29:08 PM »
It claims to be 80% Messerschmitt. Yet I see nothing to substantiate that statement, as the car appears to be a standard Tri Tech. So its not a brush, its a broom. Looks the same but other than a fastener or two nothing is actually the same. That someone has a label on it saying brush does not mean it is not a broom, but if brushes are offering cheaper usage, then it offers that advantage.

So the correct ad is that it is a genuine Tri Tech, a rare Microcar that is an image of Messerschmitt, that has gained the benefit of a 1959 Messerschmitt registration for economic running costs. Is it wrong to have it thus registered? Think not as long as your insurer is fully conversant with what they are insuring and the car is actually built to a 1980's set of rules. If not, then it is not insured, kiew State violence, but this time fully warrented.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 07:39:30 PM »
if its not what it's registered then it's not insured - simple
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 08:51:40 AM »
Yep, can be. Its a Messerschmitt kit car by Tri Tech,'CONSTRUCTED IN YEAR x TO THE STANDARD LATER PRODUCTION RUN, SEE LEAFLET ATTACHED' if it were me. 'Please note that this car has been based on a 1959 Messerschmitt registration but is modified to Tri Tech specification'. If the insurer has issues they are going to come back on that to ask. It will be insured as a Tri Tech. That is legal. The insurers are not responsible for tax grouping.
 You can argue that a Tri Tech does not gain enough points to loose its Q plate to a dated Messerschmitt plate. The fact is quite a few Tri Tech are on Messerschmitt logbooks. It is between you and the insurer to get legal to their satisfaction and yours.
Where it becomes illegal is to dodge the MOT. The car is not pre 1960. No MOT, no insurance cover. That might stimulate the Police to investigate the registration if pulled, and if they feel like i, present a case for fraud to avoid taxation.
Of course buying from eBay and getting done in the next few weeks means the buyer can bounce the charge back on miss selling. So the seller gets done for fraud, or deception, as well.
THe cunning could 'buy' this car with a withheld card payment or somesuch on a cash deposit and then place a deception claim into court against paying the balance while holding the car. A game of bluff, coming in, there. Is the penalty worth the fight. Be a cheap car then.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 06:56:38 AM »
The completed auction does not appear on the search engine but eBay have once again changed things so I have rather lost the will to really search. All it shows is three attempts to sell the rusty car, including a buy now at £999 and a later auction achieve £1,000 plus, Duh! So did the Tri Tech sell? If not who was bidding?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 07:32:54 AM »
Well on my handheld I have 4 bidders and ending sold at 10,200

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 07:50:06 AM »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 09:03:18 AM »
yes but only 4 BIDDERS

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 10:12:26 AM »
My E Bay doesn't show me that as the bidders are hidden.
I wonder if the seller won it?

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 10:37:34 AM »
On the bidding page shows 5 bidders top left corner above bids just below the picture
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble