Author Topic: Velocette LE  (Read 10360 times)

Grommet

• Chatty
Re: Velocette LE
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 06:08:53 PM »
NYE looks nice...

I prefer my hand change versions and right turns are fine if the correct MKII in line throttle is fitted, the MKIII type throttles tend to spring shut just when you are trying to slip down a gear but are fine with the foot change.

Grommet

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 06:28:03 PM »
NYE looks nice...

I prefer my hand change versions and right turns are fine if the correct MKII in line throttle is fitted, the MKIII type throttles tend to spring shut just when you are trying to slip down a gear but are fine with the foot change.

Grommet

Yes - Fitted with spring-back throttle, very tricky.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 07:50:32 AM »
Did the Army use them as well? Sure some guy got three new ones in crates at an bid blind Army surplus. Story goes he bid on three similar cases expecting three more bikes, as did the others in the know. Turned out they were full of expensive horse shoe blanks or some equally inert steel.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Grommet

• Chatty
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2014, 10:28:51 PM »
Al

Not aware of the forces using them other than the police of course ...but quite a lot were used for Patrol work: Epping Forest Rangers, park rangers and the like... These were usually a special colour eg Epping rangers had them in post office red with the City of London logo  on the panniers, park rangers machines were usually green!!

Grommet

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 02:11:32 PM »
So
The Velocette has just been loaded onto transport to the Czech Republic with a final auction price of just under £500.  Perhaps this is a new market.  I was surprised at the price.
I have the name of the transport company who are delivering and picking-up from here, Great Yarmouth, Liverpool and Birmingham.

Grommet

• Chatty
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 03:22:08 PM »
A good price achieved but probably about right for its condition, bearing in mind that it would likely be a runner with a bit of tinkering.

Well Done

Grommet

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 04:57:23 PM »
I was pretty happy but a lot more hours spent on paperwork and liaison with a foreign buyer.

Also, wise to have taken off the original registration number which would have been wasted in the Czech Republic.