Author Topic: my bits on ebay  (Read 6088 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
my bits on ebay
« on: April 28, 2014, 01:27:47 PM »
Selling a few micro related bits on ebay this week . Can't post a link but if you tried Nobel 200 lights for example you could take a peek at my other items _ thanks
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Re: my bits on ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 02:57:19 PM »
Your bits on ebay! Take a peek?  "YUK. DIRTY BOY".  As Harry Hill would say.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/richard_merseyside/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:25:25 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 07:26:20 PM »
I did think that was asking for trouble.  :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 06:38:03 AM »
Selling a few micro related bits on ebay this week . Can't post a link but if you tried Nobel 200 lights for example you could take a peek at my other items _ thanks

I have found good lighting is important when advertising on eBay. Nobel lighting is OK, I guess. Do you have to buy a switch first to turn the lights on?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 08:11:46 AM »
My bits finishing tomorrow if anyone is interested, inundated with the usual will you post to Italy, Ireland ,Japan and always Norway - strangely for a relatively small country.

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 09:45:29 AM »
... inundated with the usual will you post to Italy, Ireland ,Japan and ...

Probably because you didn't include posting details for anywhere outside the UK?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 10:06:08 AM »
Your right Dave but every time I use ebay to sell they have changed the format - I was really lost this time . In the past I have been told that if you don't include postage abroad then other than uk sites won't include it . Obviously some find them anyway

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 11:31:49 AM »
They are very easy to find. You sometime just need to know how to buy them!!
1958 FriskySport

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 08:11:24 AM »
My bits finishing tomorrow if anyone is interested, inundated with the usual will you post to Italy, Ireland ,Japan and always Norway - strangely for a relatively small country.

But its got a long coast. As have other countries mentioned. Is there something about a coast to area ratio in eBay interest or Microcars?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 08:07:37 PM »
not really for me to assess the usefulness of my 15 items sold on ebay but ......

a) there are a lot of people who think ebay is the scourge of society

b) there was a recent reference , that it took rather personally at the time  , to people "lining their pockets "

as far as i am concerned years ago there was no ebay and a lot of of stuff given away / swapped between friends - this still happens i did give away Bond switches to others , and have swapped . 

ebay exists - fact - and nowadays people if they want , and mainly they do , restore vehicles to original spec.

my conclusions - several regulars on the forum bought Villiers air filter 8E 9E , Scootacar speedo drive , A Bond Minicar bonnet badge . Also owners off- forum also bought a Messerschmitt/Heinkel parking light switch ,  Peel Trident /P50 rear light , Nobel rear lights and  Scootacar indicator switch  .
Items also went to Lotus 7 owner ( rather than Scootacar owner ) rear lights in Israel and Isetta indicator lenses / London Taxi cab lenses went to Hong Kong - i think for the cab .
Great fun and excitement and some prices were gratifying and some okay . Don't think it's all fun once you've paid a goodly chunk to ebay and are stuck with the remnants .
I love it and will do it again but without ebay you just would never find some of these pieces - good or bad you decide ?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:26:19 PM by richard »