Author Topic: Restoration show  (Read 2168 times)

milnes

• Quite Chatty
Restoration show
« on: March 26, 2014, 10:42:43 PM »
I know it's not a Microcar event but it is an event  :-\.
Is anyone going to the Practical Classic Restoration show at the NEC Birmingham on 12/13th April?
I need to stop buying!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Restoration show
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 07:03:02 AM »
The Impractical Classic Restoration show would be far more interesting for our lot. But in lieu of that you could be on to something.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 01:22:48 PM »
The Heinkel Trojan Club will have a display at the Restoration show.  Sadly the same weekend that Big Al and I will be in the Lakes joining the Scottish Microcar Club, MicroManiacs and Northern & Caledonian Regions of the MOC for a real microcar driving rally.  All welcome.

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 08:50:31 PM »
Bugger i didn't realise they were on at the same time, mmmm. :-\
I want to go to the Restoration show, see if i can get some equipment for my workshop.
I need to stop buying!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 08:33:10 AM »
The Heinkel Trojan Club will have a display at the Restoration show.  Sadly the same weekend that Big Al and I will be in the Lakes joining the Scottish Microcar Club, MicroManiacs and Northern & Caledonian Regions of the MOC for a real microcar driving rally.  All welcome.

Struggling to get my car done. Hmm, I have a Tri Tech to fix for a bud. Wonder If I can borrow that as the Lakes will kill or cure it. It overheats, other than the lid falling off and several other issues. It has a handling mod on it but it is still bloody lethal over 45 mph. Running well it can go home and I get a few bunts for my time.

Rusteration Show. Stuff at those as for sale all the time. Much at cheaper prices I expect as they have not the overhead of the NEC. Hey ho.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 01:23:10 PM »
Bugger i didn't realise they were on at the same time, mmmm. :-\
We are at Lorton from late Wed until Sunday so look in on your way south to the NEC.  Not a big detour off the M6.  There will be a couple of Doric speakers in attendance to translate for those from the North :)
Grant

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 10:18:03 PM »
Cheers Scootacar, not sure how I'm getting there yet, as may fly direct in from Norway.

I agree Al, not really seen many bargains at these shows, especially at NEC, as so expensive to set up a stall there. I've started to compile a list of what I'm looking for, with prices, from E-bay and other sources etc.
So doing my home work first.
I need to stop buying!

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 10:28:15 PM »
Weekend report. Travelled South on Friday, arriving just over the border into Wales to pick up my New Bond Bug Chassis and a few other bits and Bobs. If anyone on here are doing a Bond Bug there is a Chap and his son making quite a few parts, nice guys to deal with and good quality work, I would recommend them.
Practical Classic restoration show on the Saturday, not a bad little show, good effort for the first time, lets hope it continues to grow.
Saturday evening picked up two Reliant engines.
Sunday heading back up to Scotland with a fairly full van.
Heading up the M6 about Junction 35 I passed a cream coloured Schmitt heading south, round about 11.30ish, was that anyone from the forum?
I need to stop buying!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 06:45:32 AM »
It were not I, as after last message I got commissioned to do a load of work for a TV company. First bit, yep, clashed with Lorton. Sadly having earned nothing while moving/building for about 9 months I am not in a position to turn down good work. Also picked up a consultancy to supervise the restoration of two cars going through the Antwerp restoration outfit. So microcars provide, even without trading them. I rather like this idea of Professor of Microcar and being paid to know things.