Author Topic: Thumper's out!  (Read 9436 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Thumper's out!
« on: May 05, 2014, 06:24:03 PM »
A nice sunny bank holiday Monday, what better a day for un-mothballing Thumper for the summer season. upon arrival at my rented garage I found  part of a roof panel had blown off at some time and rain had been pouring in for who knows how long, good job my Isetta was also wrapped up in a tarp! Usually with its first start up and drive home I encounter some problem or other, one year the brakes had jammed on, another the choke plunger tip had come off so the engine wouldn't tick over but I'm happy to say that this year the little chap drove home without incident. Dare I say it but could Thumper be "fully sorted" at last?
Just changed the oil so we are all ready to have some fun this summer.
 I know its almost unconventional these days but are there any other RUMSTERS driving there microcars this year?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Thumper's out!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 06:35:35 PM »
well done bob pleased to hear about Thumper - i do actually hope to join you later this year but if i do it will be in my new purchase  _ still to come to fruition
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 06:41:37 PM »
Is this the --C  ---d ---i --r?

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 07:09:05 PM »
Almost there Bob! Just finished fiddling with bits of fabric fitting out the interior - It's non-standard and far from perfect, but 100% improvement on the one strip of rotten hardura the car came with. Hopefully ther'll be lots of sunshine and I won't need a roof.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 07:13:46 PM »
That's sounding promising!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 07:42:09 PM »
The Bond looks great .

Bob c - d - i - r - ? is that meant to be an anagram of cider ? i think you've been on it !
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 07:45:34 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 10:32:07 PM »
Is this the --C  ---d ---i --r?

Wash your mouth out, sir!   It's ------r, as one word! ;)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 11:33:09 PM »
Ah but how do you know we are talking about the same car?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 07:50:13 AM »
Got it. The Bond Denchir. The one with the grand piano shaped bonnet for the older owner. Puts a smile in your face but shakes your teeth out. Done in Milk Stout colours. The nearest thing to an IC that is not an IC, in fact. Now did I find that on the web or in a dream after eating Camembert.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 09:15:40 AM »
Its looking good Malcolm. Are you going to fit the little hammocks in the back or leave as loading space? I had forgotten that strange angle of the steering wheel, brings back memories.
Also good to hear you will soon be joining the MDC [Microcar drivers club] as opposed to the Microcar dreamers club! ;D

Basket case

• Chatty
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 09:42:16 AM »
Seats on the Bond look great. Did you make these? One of my next jobs as the bodywork is nearly done. Any advice very welcome!

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 09:45:46 AM »
Remember this --C ---d ---i --r Bob?  ;D

Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 10:09:38 AM »
I can only assume its our old one Rob. If so the dash must have changed after it left you. It was just painted when in my ownership and also as I remember had a green dealership badge mounted on it in the left hand corner.
Thinking about it this must be my old car as it has the rare glove box. Am I right?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 10:28:08 AM »
Well here is the dash from the museum website as I remember it, I don't know where I remember the green badge from, maybe a different car but a union jack badge has appeared which I don't remember. Funny how the memory plays tricks on us.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 01:34:33 PM »
Here she is in 1963-4 taken on a box camera.

Ain't got nuffink now except memories.