Author Topic: Beaulieu Autojumble  (Read 8336 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Beaulieu Autojumble
« on: May 14, 2014, 06:33:26 AM »
Spring Beaulieu is upon us again and as usual I will be helping Mike out on his Microcar stall . Very much looking forward to it and the weather forecast is very good - lovely .
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 04:36:11 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Beauliu Autojumble
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 09:33:06 AM »
A blazer and straw hat for that man.

Things start to turn toward a Jumble plot of things to get ride of here. Where is the best clearance jumble these days? Used to be Newark in the recent passed. Prior to that probably Beaulieu. I was unusual in taking on Mannheim, not least as I had a multitude of continental parts to sell into that market. Remove that from the plot and those other two venues did well in their heydays.

The old Microcar Rallies were good too, but the takings drifted away to a point of not being worth while. The last one I recall being worth the effort was Toddington, a long time ago now, and I was a co-organizer of that. A busy weekend indeed.

Is jumbling back?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 10:00:12 AM »
Have fun. Sorry I cant join you. Don't forget my carb!

Shouldn't this be under Events?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 03:02:18 PM »
Well I thought long and hard about it but it,s not really a micro event - but then again as Mikes got his numbers car on the stand maybe it is
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Beaulieu Autojumble
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 04:19:39 AM »
04.20 and time to set off. I hope everyone has a great weekend in the sun

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 08:53:46 AM »
Hope you and Mike have a good jumble. Lets hope the nice weather continues.  Next weekend is the Enfield Pageant and the following one is the Bubblecar Museum Rally , Planty and I always do that one, Thumper likes those nice flat Lincolnshire roads!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 05:02:45 PM »
Wow what scorcher. Found enough interesting bits to pay the fuel to get here - always handy  ;) great fun and much better than being at work  :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:05:04 PM by richard »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 10:36:45 PM »
Could anyone help ? Frisky ? Wipac D shape back/indicator lights not the common flat top ones but the dome top ones - ind half way down the body ? Does anyone have close up pics before the end of the weekend ? Thanks

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 10:57:37 PM »
Sent you an e-mail with pictures attached of the lens and backing/bulb holder.  Go forth and find us Frisky owners some Wipac indicators.......
Enjoy the weekend and look forward to seeing some pics on Monday of all the goodies you have found.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 11:31:18 PM »
Don't worry, they will be on e-bay next week.   ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 09:01:40 AM »
Frisky indicators ought to be trafficators energetically waving up and down, didn't they Rob?

Ah. The Bubblecar Museum Rally. First mention of that. Might be able to go over there.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 09:45:58 AM »
Frisky indicators

Aren't they the young ladies that hang outside some Soho night clubs?  ;D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 02:23:08 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 04:33:52 PM »
as Rob indicated there are some items awaiting my next ebay week but an awful lot of fettlin' to do on some  ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 07:58:08 PM »
A very British haul. But fruity and good, should be one of your five a day. Marc showed me his findings. There are still bits to get if your motivated.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 08:27:55 PM »
strange but the mainly Britishness had not occurred to me ! LEP , WIPAC , PMG and  VILLIERS .  Believe me - and you will al , not all these parts were in this condition when found ! paint, oil grease , earth etc etc , i have spent a fun day relaxing in the sun and cleaning stuff up . I would of course love to find is a use for all the cannibalised parts that are NOT wanted  :)