Author Topic: Beaulieu Autojumble  (Read 8334 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Beaulieu Autojumble
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 08:19:23 AM »
That was one joy of jumbling. The scraps box. These cast offs, wrong brackets etc, were very often a source of entertainment, if not huge profits. 50p for something someone had been looking for for ages. They did not always want the whole, as I bought, so a form of recycling. The extra 50ps and £1s added up too.
Over the years it is noticeable that buyers are much less prepared to rummage. Going back some stands were little more than 12 trays of mixed parts and you had to shuffle through to find such bargains as 12 reversing ignition switches with keys, some loose. These stands have all but vanished in favour of a display of priced up artifacts. The very act of doing this work trebles the price as it takes a lot of time up. However it seems like it is what the customer wants.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 01:59:35 PM »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151012556663?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_2046wt_1001

now there was i just asking if i could find a use for my leftovers after cannibalising bit's it turns out the orange PMG  lens i have over is a ferrari / maserati part - who would have guessed  ;) now how about the red ones anyone ?

outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 08:41:21 PM »
for those who have never been to Beaulieu the stalls may seem a little cramped , add to that you may want to pitch a tent on site  ;) i did . i bought the 1950's tent on the day before used it for two nights and then sold it ! i don't think it had ever been set up before . Fantastic weekend two weeks ago , throughout Britain , but by golly it was cold at night 3 deg. i heard
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 08:41:42 AM »
We are all softened by our houses, and age seems to lower temperature acceptance. Key thing is to get off the ground on some insulation. A good sleeping bag too, not the cheapies. If you feel the chill one of those space blankets does make a difference over the top. The problem of camping is more to do with lack of upright space, and level of undress as you might need a slash in the night. This is one reason a lot of older campers have got Eriba Pucks OWHY. It is an ali tent on a stick really. You can stand up, and its a bit warmer.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs