Author Topic: BOND NATIONAL RALLY at Nottingham  (Read 15064 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: BOND NATIONAL RALLY at Nottingham
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 08:50:48 AM »
Mass Bonds. Always takes me back to Burford when the Bonds arrived in convoy to the massed beat of Villiers, that friendly, almost duck pond homely sound, only Bonds seem to make. Always been a club of stalwart individualists, but they club too.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 11:19:02 AM »
The point I make about hoarders I think is valid though.

The entire foundation of RUM is built on a mans obsession of hoarding parts, so it seems a little too easy to point the shit stick at hoarders. What with poor build quality of some cars and condition of spares, all too often one needs to collect multiples of the same item. Though a percentage of enthusiasts actually prefer swapping parts as opposed to asking a premium for them. Likewise many engines are stripped to build a good one, it is all part and parcel of the microcar scene.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2014, 12:03:45 PM »
Yes Planty.  How is the 9E collection? Does it still stand at 10?  I guess you could use them as book ends in your house!  ;) ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2014, 12:15:10 PM »
"Likewise many engines are stripped to build a good one, it is all part and parcel of the microcar scene."

It used to be, when there were plenty of them around. Now due to hoarders the real enthusiast has to build up those pillaged scrappers just to get themselves an engine to drive there cars.  ::)

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2014, 01:42:36 PM »
Well, I used to have a, 'cross that bridge when I come to it' attitude, about spares for cars that I own, as I don't collect anything but. However after prices rocketed. I decided unlike the Nobel, the F3 should have 1 engine and 1 spare. So I currently have 3 engines requiring a rebuild, 1 that might be from a scooter and some miscellaneous parts from another, baring in mind only 2 were bought within microcar circles. I didn't see anyone offering me a free 9E engine shroud when I had to pay £250 for one! And yet the same method of acquiring has benefited more than a handful of Rumsters, you included;)

Now due to hoarders the real enthusiast has to build up those pillaged scrappers just to get themselves an engine

Exactly, only the IoW one is complete! Do tell what you utilized that 11E for?  ;D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 01:55:07 PM by blob »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2014, 03:21:20 PM »

For the record, the 11e was sold on to a deserving buyer building a project and was a complete engine. Yes, I swapped over the piston and barrel because it was in marginally better condition then the ones on my 9e. I even stripped the 11e down and replaced all the gaskets and oil seals so the guy got a good engine.

Anyway, Mike, you know my motive for this leg pull, to get you motivated to actually put back together one of your cars instead of trying to corner spares markets. Get some dirt under those finger nails!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 09:43:22 AM »
It comes to something when Villiers start getting hard to find.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 02:20:13 PM »
Get some dirt under those finger nails!

Watch this space  ;) just finished making the garage thief proof!  >:(

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2014, 09:26:35 PM »
blob you really should refrain from some language - and no i didn't mean Villiers
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2014, 10:27:16 PM »
Yes, I know, I had to put up with his bad language all weekend!  I'm thinking of telling his mum.