Author Topic: The National Bubblecar museum Annual rally. 2014  (Read 8621 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: The National Bubblecar museum Annual rally. 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 04:20:28 PM »
Who's going to this one then?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »
If I can get free I might take the trip. Have so far failed to get away to any of the events I wanted to do. Just to much to do. Its a long step from here but I can tie it into seeing a chum at the same time.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 06:39:51 PM »
shame - no can do
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 12:55:03 PM »
Looks like the weather may be ok this weekend for this one.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 01:55:57 PM »
Can't make this one - hope it's sunny and hope someone will show us some pictures afterwards!  :)
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 07:29:23 AM »
Now confirmed as I will be delivering a car on the way home. So I will have a Microcar present, although in bits.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 08:03:20 AM »
Good to have a day out at last. Little disappointed at the turnout but that seems par for the course these days. Fortunately those present were on form so Andrew, young lad in the village who is well into cars, managed to scrounge rides in representatives of most cars present. As well as Andrew I had Root with me too. So they scampered off to investigate while I prattled to folk.

Also good to renew and confirm contact with the Museum itself. It is a much more flexible layout than on the previous property. I suspect a lot easier to run too, as Mike and Paula have a variety of occupations in addition to the museum and camping. One reason for the limited opening hours. The site offers the possability of a quite big event but the history of take up has set the wise to unfulfilled promises. Given a full on organizer to work with the venue could very easily be the British Story.

However unless your a Treinkelnaut, or supporter, or one of the other various marques using the site, the nest general Microcar meet here is a continuation of the successful Halloween weekends.

A deviation on the way home saw the Pod dropped off at its new home and 131/2 hours after leaving we arrived home 145 miles away from the days events.

An auction of Schmitts by Bonhams and Matlock next weekend......

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 08:59:13 AM »
yes, good, to see Al and Stuart at the weekend. It was a much smaller turnout this year but in a way it was better as it made those present engage more with each other. Also the small convoy of 10 cars kept together for most of the driving. We visited some interesting places too. Woodhall Spa is always a nice stop off for refreshments. We discovered a fabulous mock tudor Hotel nearby[see photo] where Guy Gibson[Dam Busters] was billeted that had displays of dam busters memorabilia. What with the Aviation heritage centre at Conisby also on the route there was a distinctive theme. On Sunday Planty and I took ourselves off to visit Tattishall Castle which was stunning! As usual the Lincolnshire weather was kind to us again. Those who were thinking about it but never showed up really missed out!
We even ran into this lunatic http://metro.co.uk/2010/03/22/viker-biker-mark-slater-back-on-his-bike-after-serious-crash-183361/

Link to Petwood hotel for Dambusters memorabilia
http://www.petwood.co.uk/
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:13:25 PM by Bob Purton »

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 06:41:33 PM »
Thanks very much for posting the reports and the pictures. Hopefully I'll be off work around Halloween time!
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 08:47:36 AM »
Was not aware the drive out was to the bookies. That will be why Sunday church parade at the local Methodists was a bit thin! These lottery winning microcar owners have a lot to answer for.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 09:00:24 AM »
Funny enough the shop next door was called Nobel and something, I encouraged the Nobby driver to park beneath for a photo call but he declined. I think he had lunch on his mind.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 10:40:06 AM »
Fuldamobelly maybe?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 09:28:36 PM »
and you nearly had Jade Gordon takeway  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977