Author Topic: Heinkel/Trojan shock absorber bushes.  (Read 4171 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Heinkel/Trojan shock absorber bushes.
« on: May 29, 2014, 03:24:57 PM »
Hi all.  I'm in need of a pair of silent block bushes, cylindrical type with steel sleeve inside and outside. The OD has to be 22mm, the id 10 or 12mm.  I'm told that Heinkel ones may be those dimension.   Anyone know for sure?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Heinkel/Trojan shock absorber bushes.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 08:33:44 PM »
in the post tomorrow when i have your address - FOC  ;) these are n.o.s. maybe H/T but i think more likely H/T track rod ends - they seem to measure up - parcelled up and will be posted tomorrow , now let's hope they fit and that I wasn't saving them for something , the Bruetsch ?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:49:26 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 07:23:10 AM »
H/T steering bush are the same as centre stand bushing on some Jap bikes. It is an available size off the shelf.
I used to sell them at £2.00 each, to the HTOEC's £4.50 (?) each, as they refused to believe me and made their own, in house, to some groups personal advantage. Since they chucked me out of doing the spares after making them £3,000 profit in one year, how very dare you be successfull, much of that margin was then spent on off-the-shelf Scooter Spares, rather than new lines. I felt no remorse after such a back stabbing!
Later the substandard HTOEC bushing stock was sold off cheap, at a substantial loss to the club, as no one wanted them. Dave and I bought them up and sold them to Jap bikers as centre stand bushings, for which they were entirely adequate. Burks!
It was this HTOEC action that helped push me into private trading and to specialize in H/T parts, since the Club failed to fulfill its roll efficiently. As it happened I made a considerable amount out of doing so, much of that effort would have been to the benefit of that club's funds, rather than my private wealth, had they behaved in a civilized or business like fashion.
Remember to club together kids. You save money and the club has your best interests at heart........ Que Steven.

It should be noted that dearly departed Mike O'Balance, whom I privately pushed and supported, despite my not agreeing with limited liability clubs, managed to dismantle the HTOEC and build the new HTC Ltd out of it. A masterly task which he should be remembered for despite anything else he did. Things were much better run from then on and to clear the path to a completely new team I, as the last old HTOEC committee member serving, fell on my sward and resigned. I later reduced my H/T business activity and sold out my overstock into the HTC Ltd.

That book I can write could be quite interesting, eh!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 09:11:14 AM »
I don't think the book would be a best seller Al!!

I know that we cant go through life avoiding all controversy but it would be nice to keep the forum for the purpose it was intended. Helping each other rather than opening up old wounds.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 10:22:22 AM »
They're even cheaper nowadays free to a good home - they're in the post Bob
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 10:24:50 AM »
I forget the name now. But a great read about a northern guy who was a dealer in motor cycles like MZ and Ural. He had quite a few run ins with folk who chose to place themselves in his way. So the book was read be more than MZ owners and become a best seller.

Of course a book can cover huge areas of topics including humorous things on rallies, car maladies, Alans Unusual Autos and much more besides. It would be there to amuse, entertain and as a history of a period of time in a cul de sac of motoring. History is important, as without it the same mistakes get repeated time after time. Those who learn by experience, be it their own, or borrowed, are the ones who get ahead, so while I take your point about old wounds, as you can see in this case I turned the wounds inflicted onto me to my, and those that took the chance on me, to advantage. Learned and gained by the experience we moved on to better things. The failure is to not move forward, not do better and to bury errors of judgment, hoping no one will notice. The fact it happened does not alter, it does not go away and generally is negative to future club development as it might reappear later, but I have moved on from the illustrated situation. Who else got hurt unless uncomfortable of their actions? The club members mainly? Its a majority decision to underline policy, after all. But all have to live with the consequences. Buried is better, but also for books buried equals popularity, actually. But there is a limit to be had, of course.

Anyway that club does not exist anymore, that was the whole point of what Mike O'Balance did. It would be very sad if the HTC Ltd were to slip back into what the HTOEC became. A worthwhile point, but of little interest to me. I tried to help 5 clubs, I failed in the helping the first through inexperience, but the other 4 all chose to burn me at some point. Clearly I, and my skills, are not wanted, so they can do as they wish. I will do as I wish. I no longer answer for them. I mainly leave them alone rather than cause the damage I could, as long as they leave me alone.
Not really into clubs anymore. Experience shows most have a distinct and predictable life span. The best of it being the first five years of building something worth the name, before the nematodes and flukes arrive to start consuming the bodies free energy. Eventually one, or some, get into an important organ and the organization falls below the level that the originators aimed at or created, most of those guys will have moved on to create something else, once they understand this cycle. The mistake is to attempt to resurrect an established club that could do better. The existing interests invariably will resist, for fair reason or foul but mostly just because. Even the most ineffective and benign organizations will become hugely motivated by the suggestion of change. Then having thwarted a good idea happily subside into a Bagpuss state of mostly being asleep on the job. Extraordinary, but true. It becomes amusing to prod them into wakefulness from time to time just to prove they will not do anything constructive.

I think the above is helpful to know, especially if you never thought about it. Knowing this might improve the clubs, new or existing. Or of course you can disagree, in which case good luck to you and I hope I am wrong.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 10:28:37 AM »
They're even cheaper nowadays free to a good home - they're in the post Bob

Keep that silent bloc quiet!
I am not sure £2.00 was cheap, I think I bought at .50p. Oops, what a give away!

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 12:38:24 PM »
As my old parrot used to say, "That's the way to do it!" Pity I didn't take his advice.  :'(
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 01:45:43 PM »
Strange I remember the good times and not the fewer bad times . As I have said before . Then again I haven't fallen foul of anyone . Perhaps al you were more pro-active - or just perhaps al if you have fallen out with ALL 5 clubs you were associated with ........

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 09:10:07 AM »
I knew I would be wrong.

Never fell out with the Isetta Club of GB. I found I was not into Isettas. Only later did that club fall into troubles. I do remember voting against the reason that happened, lifetime directors. That saw a real change in who ran things as the idealists made for the exit. (Interesting fact. They guy who started the Isetta Club left within a year as he disagreed with the way it was going). Folk thought they would always be interested in Isettas. Not so, life is not like that for most people. Stuff happens. Two directors ended up emigrated to Australia!

The other clubs.
One had a problem, as I was honest about dealing cars. Clearly I should have lied about it and they would have been happy! Does not say much for their probity, as half the committee were themselves trading in cars, breaking the club's own rules, even admitting so in the press!
One I already covered.
One put me in the position of either agreeing to false accounting and not representing the members who voted me in, or resigning. My responsibility in office is to the members, not the committee, I resigned. There was more going on, some serious, but that is the nub of it. A choice of joining bad practice by default of continued service or being pushed out.
One banned me for no given reason other than believing gossip. Having proved my total innocence, I have the letter still admitting this, I remained banned for being right!

No, I do not think I am wrong. I think I do not, will not, take crap from people who do not have the members best interests at heart and will not admit it. However this only occurs if you have values and put yourself in the position to be shouted down.
So my advice is by all means aid your club. But unless you want to be hassled, avoid the politics and accept that these organizations can be imperfect, or even downright corrupt. If you do not know about it, its not a problem, I guess. Trouble is this is a situation existent throughout our society and hierarchical structure. Just look at the behavior of politicians as an example. The Whistle blower is never favoured is he?

The book has to cover the points to make sense of what else happened. Does not need to dwell on it, name names, not important to the text, etc. The majority of the text would be about good times, odd happenings and the extraordinary people met. Crap happens in life, its what you learn and create out of it that makes you who you are. Age should bring wisdom for that very reason. The mirror that reflects what lunacy we all got up to but also understanding why things went wrong, be it humorous or serious.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 09:38:03 AM by Big Al »