Author Topic: The Bromley Pageant of motoring. June 8th 2014  (Read 9849 times)

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
Re: The Bromley Pageant of motoring. June 8th 2014
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 09:19:18 PM »
Na using one of these shocks will be useless

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2014, 08:36:10 PM »
A great day was had at the Pageant , for the first time in many a year the weather was fantastic! On the way I took the wrong sliproad off the M25 in Thumper and ended up having to go 16 miles out of my way, heading towards Canterbury! Guess I drove about 40 miles there and 25 back. Thumper went very well, it certainly blew a few cobwebs out of her. Mike and Marcus were there on the stand sporting the Heinkel numbers car[also running sweet as a nut!]  and Mikes nice red Schmitt. Met a few interesting characters whilst there. Had all the usual no reverse gear/aircraft leftovers nonsense! All part of the fun. 
Thanks Mike for organising the stand.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 07:41:54 AM »
As Bob said, a great day: sun, pleasant chat and all types of vehicles to be seen plus stunt mortorcyclists ramping up into the sky. Great to see Mike and Bob and thanks to Mike for organising it.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2014, 09:33:41 AM »
Never been to the Brommley Argent of Pottering. The Silver lined star of Kentish Motor Shows and autojumble. Like so many good things it is to far to really take in, unless your a fan of the M25. Ho hum. 
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2014, 09:47:33 AM »
Thumper eats the M25 for breakfast! ;)
Here is a pic of the line up, same as last year I know but we are hoping to include a rare Bond next year.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2014, 10:25:51 AM »
I am pleased to hear it. Me, I am afraid to be made carrion for the Red Kites and Buzzards. I think only the M1 boasts as many nutters per foot as the M25 in the UK. Scots might offer a candidate. Its up there with Brussels ring road and Antwerp. The Paris perifique is perhaps the most frightening experience of all. There are calmer fair ground rides. Of course the Parisian can spot a 'Rossbeef' a mile away and enjoys frightening the crap out of him, if possible.
The Arc de Triumph has to be the most crazy roundabout. All done in Microcars safely, but its made the bottom of my beard grey.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs