Author Topic: wanted frisky family three mk1 chassis  (Read 53951 times)

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
Re: wanted frisky family three mk1 chassis
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 04:58:55 PM »

[/quote]
any details that any 1 has got will help towards finshing any1s frisky
[/quote]
I don't understand this statement.
What details are you looking for?
Perhaps I can help.

messyman

• messerschmitt kr200, frisky, isetta 300
  • Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2014, 09:48:09 PM »
lol well it seem this thread has changed from wanting a chassis to getting info as every1 is giving which isn't a bad thing but still need that dam chassis
messyman restorator of rust relics vw or bubblecars
www.vw-specials.forumotion.com
Messerschmitt kr200 x2 ,frisky family 3 mk1 shell,isetta 300 lhd chassis, vw polo,vw caddy mk1 , t4 , mini , my dad has 2x Messerschmitt kr175

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 12:33:38 AM »
I am inside mine just now.
Do you need a measurement, or have to come visit with the body lifted off?
Mars is a little hotter than you are probably used to , but still bearable, as I am working in the shade with a fan on.
A little car juggling going on here.  Snuggy, AZ-1 and Arola all being driven around the block a few times, before re parking in different spaces, as I need to move the cars that are now functional to an area better suited for storage across the street.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 08:36:23 AM »
Hi Steven I think the only thing messyman needs measuring is how long it is ...... Until someone offers him a chassis  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 10:22:31 AM »
Indeed having one in front means an accurate replication, possibly a jig, or several smaller jigs, so several more can be run off. There could be up to 25 odd bodies without chassis out there! 10 would not be a surprising number of immanent demand once the word got out. No idea if John M has track of all the bodyshells. How would you ID them?
I know several flirt with Isetta chassis beneath them.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

messyman

• Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2014, 08:10:09 PM »
lol if jigs were made for the frisky its much more better if the real thing was here that's how I did the Schmitt chassis
Messerschmitt kr200 x2 ,frisky family 3 mk1 shell,isetta 300 lhd chassis, vw polo,vw caddy mk1 , t4 , mini , my dad has 2x Messerschmitt kr175

messyman

• Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2014, 11:22:27 PM »
tumble weed  :P still nuffin

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2014, 08:33:35 AM »
Might have to buy a car to get a chassis to copy. Always the same prob when trying to replicate parts, suddenly the sound of silence, save those in need. Russ used to ask me for schmitt stuff as I was one of few who would let him have stuff. I even let him cut things up if it suited. He always returned the favour when the item was made.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

messyman

• Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 07:19:55 PM »
I c wat your saying

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 10:50:10 PM »
Problem is, if you buy another complete Frisky to copy the chassis you will probably loose interest in the body shell as you will then have a Frisky to use/restore.
Lots of Frisky owners have a spare body shell as there are so many of them left over but none have any plans to build them into cars as finding the required parts is near impossible.  Better to look for a Frisky restoration project and keep the body shell as a spare.
You are the 5th owner of this body shell that I know of and sadly none of them have been able to do anything with it  :'(

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2014, 09:03:15 AM »
I mulled over putting an Isetta Chassis underneath. One was going to become a boat!

The hunt for parts would be a challenge but much of the electrics and fittings were used on other machines. I am not familiar with the suspension layout, nor what brakes were used as source. The wheels could be accumulated. Engine, still Villiers about, even if they are wrong handed. A resourceful person could do this given a Chassis set. Just a Chassis might be hard work. Who ever cracked the more difficult probs has a lot of raw material to complete into a new run of original Friskys. Nifty Friskys or something. Indeed if Friskys were worth Scootacar prices I suspect it would be happening.

Perhaps Hatton should be bring a Frisky body day! Be a bizarre site.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 09:13:40 AM »
" a new run of original Frisky's " now there's a salesman talking Al  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 03:19:20 PM »
I have now uncovered from the back of my store the front end of a frisky family 3 mark one including suspension, hubs, steering column and wheel plus linkage. All needing a full restoration and in a state. I also have some pedals and a handbrake lever.I am prepared to let it go for a sensible offer.
I have also found a V5c for a four wheel frisky.(original owner was Bob Parry)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: wanted frisky f amily three mk1 chassis
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 06:24:13 PM »
i find it truly amazing whats out there - and that's not even showing us whats BEHIND the blue sheet  ;) - bring on a new crop of original Friskys . AH !! just i spotted a pile of "ladder" chassis members alongside  :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 06:37:11 PM by richard »

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 07:15:05 PM »
This particular F3 chassis had its rear cut off and a Chinese 50cc bike and frame welded on. (not even in line) The sight made you weep.
The welding was so bad it blew holes in the tube. If you think a chassis is hard to find wait till you try to find two doors.