Author Topic: wanted frisky family three mk1 chassis  (Read 53975 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: wanted frisky family three mk1 chassis
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 07:48:14 PM »
well if you have that lot Malc that doesn't look a problem at all - was this pic a MKI or not ? theres surely nothing to the rest of it is there ? ah yes i see malc said that was MKII but surely it must be similar ?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:52:31 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 10:11:45 PM »
I have photos of a mark one chassis which had the 9e engine, where the drawing shown has the excelsior twin and a different front and rear suspension. It should be relatively easy to replicate a rear section using 2" tube and a motor cycle trailing arm and wheel.

messyman

• messerschmitt kr200, frisky, isetta 300
  • Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 10:47:36 PM »
ill have it ...and the other stuff pm me all the details and ill arrange with you for collection
messyman restorator of rust relics vw or bubblecars
www.vw-specials.forumotion.com
Messerschmitt kr200 x2 ,frisky family 3 mk1 shell,isetta 300 lhd chassis, vw polo,vw caddy mk1 , t4 , mini , my dad has 2x Messerschmitt kr175

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2014, 09:05:37 AM »
Does that much of a Frisky make it a FR200? Or is it a Risky 198? Job on.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

messyman

• Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2014, 11:05:16 PM »
I have now uncovered from the back of my store the front end of a frisky family 3 mark one including suspension, hubs, steering column and wheel plus linkage. All needing a full restoration and in a state. I also have some pedals and a handbrake lever.I am prepared to let it go for a sensible offer.
I have also found a V5c for a four wheel frisky.(original owner was Bob Parry)

hi there Malcolm I will need some details off you eg post code and contact number sending over
Messerschmitt kr200 x2 ,frisky family 3 mk1 shell,isetta 300 lhd chassis, vw polo,vw caddy mk1 , t4 , mini , my dad has 2x Messerschmitt kr175

messyman

• Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2014, 05:18:47 PM »
been to see Malcolm today thanks very much for all the parts and nice to put the name to the face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2014, 07:24:17 PM »
Glad you got it. If anyone can do something with that you can!

messyman

• Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2014, 10:48:36 PM »
well I came away with higher interest and better thoughts about the shell
but even better is when I came out with a couple of wheels , a door , a internal door mould and other various small parts ,so from a 10% vehicle moves upto a moderate 40 ish %     ;D

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2014, 09:08:18 AM »
I love your optimism as i think 25% is nearer the mark. I think you are going to enjoy solving the problems ahead and that's what makes restoration such a drug. The register has loads of information and dimensions and John the nicest person in the world. 

messyman

• Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2014, 05:20:33 PM »
THANKS VERY MUCH MALCOLM AND EVERY1 ELSE WHO'S IN ON THIS REVIVAL OF A FAMILIAR SHELL THATS BEEN ABOUT A BIT
ILL HAVE A WORD WITH JOHN MEADOWS REGARDING DIMENSIONS

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2014, 06:47:17 PM »
Front trim bars for Frisky's if you need. Steel and Brass.
1958 FriskySport

messyman

• Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2014, 07:22:30 PM »
nice will have to talk bout those  ;D

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2014, 10:06:46 PM »
The car you are attempting to build is a 1959 Mark 1 which all had Villiers 9E's and McPherson struts up front. 
The chassis on the Mk2 is longer to accommodate the Excelsior engine completely in the tail section.

The bodies are the same length! which accounts for the Mk2 having a "box" on the back to cover the rear wheel which would stick out the back otherwise.

The Mk2 also had Dubonnet front suspension now decidedly "rockin horse" if you'll excuse the expression.

Your body has the raised seams below the doors. which has different doors from the Mk1 bodies without it. (There were two sorts). The Mk2 doors and body are different again.

The Mk1 and Mk2 both have a completely different sequence of chassis numbers (and the Coupe yet another) which could make registration difficult

I think Grant had the right idea, restoration is the less torturous path.

John
www.meadowsfrisky.co.uk

messyman

• Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2014, 11:20:01 PM »
john ill need your help on all off this iv got front part of the chassis , with its drums ,hubs ,ball joints ,shocks , steering wheel , steering ,two wheels , 1 tyre ,1 tube ......I have got a door and an internal mold of the other side but they don't fit ....so will need your help on ....
(1) doors
(2) registration or it will end up as a museum item which I did want to have a go in it lol
(3) windscreen
(4) chassis rear end or measurements
(5) rear axle set up
(6) 9e engine

I think that's it most of the rest is bmc stuff I belive

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2014, 10:21:26 AM »
Hi Peter
Doors
Your body has specific doors that stop short of the wheel arches other F3 doors will not fit. I t is very probable that the door and mould you have came from Petbow and are for the Mk2.
See website for comparisons

Registration
Under the V765/3 scheme I inspect all Friskys and issue a report on the car for the DVLA.

Windscreen
No problem order when you are ready

Chassis
My F3/Mk1 is in the Bubble car museum at the moment  but we should be able to find one for you to measure from. A doppelganger chassis could give you registration complications.

Rear Axle set up
Once again they differ and it will depend on your chassis.

Villiers 9E
Rocking horse

BMC parts
Not really, some brake parts are Morris minor  but generally what was available at the time and based upon the experience of those currently restoring a Frisky are now rare and tricky to find. You do have the ten pages of "Tech Misc" for the Family Three that I sent you to help in this direction, and perhaps mean you don't have to reinvent the wheel!

John
www.meadowsfrisky.co.ukA