Author Topic: wanted frisky family three mk1 chassis  (Read 53959 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: wanted frisky family three mk1 chassis
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2014, 10:32:47 AM »
9E still fairly common - one on ebay at present with the fan cooling , correct isn't it ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2014, 10:53:50 AM »
No. I think the one Young messy needs has the fan on the other side and four gears with reverse dynastart.  Like my one shown here?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:57:19 AM by Bob Purton »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2014, 11:15:05 AM »
ah well - he should have bought mine 3 months ago - i thought it went cheaply  :'(  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2014, 02:09:33 PM »
Messy.
The door and the mould may be too long and the front radii wrong but by cutting and rejoining with matting  the right shape should be possible.
I made a passenger door for my prototype using an existing door but had to cut and  fibreglass matt to get it the right shape.
I suggest you mould the inner then c/sunk screw an aluminium sheet to form an outer so you can make a mould of the shape. An outer can then be taken from that mould. Once you have made the door then hack and slash the same as the drivers door.Its a lot of work but better than no doors.
I have now found that sample bottom door hinge so i will send it you in the next few days. You will have fun making a few of them.John will explain that the top hinge is different from the bottom one and if you ask him nicely he has some photos.

messyman

• messerschmitt kr200, frisky, isetta 300
  • Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2014, 03:22:07 PM »
yep thanks for that Malcolm that was 1 plan already considered regarding doors and thanks for sourcing that hinge plate if you ever over this way pop in and have a look
messyman restorator of rust relics vw or bubblecars
www.vw-specials.forumotion.com
Messerschmitt kr200 x2 ,frisky family 3 mk1 shell,isetta 300 lhd chassis, vw polo,vw caddy mk1 , t4 , mini , my dad has 2x Messerschmitt kr175

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2014, 03:27:39 PM »
If the hinge is the same as the Sport we have ours off right now and I could send you some measurements. One part that I have not tried to reproduce.
1958 FriskySport

messyman

• Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2014, 03:41:40 PM »
lol im not to sure but I no the ball that goes between the hinge is morris 8 but hinge I not to sure whether its coach works but it might be worth getting a batch out there if you make them to help out the small amount of frisky's left
Messerschmitt kr200 x2 ,frisky family 3 mk1 shell,isetta 300 lhd chassis, vw polo,vw caddy mk1 , t4 , mini , my dad has 2x Messerschmitt kr175

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2014, 03:46:57 PM »
lets have pics and measurements . if it's what it sounds like it may be available off the shelf , mine  :D , i autojumbled for the Gordon and they are the wrong size slightly

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2014, 05:26:06 PM »

Peter
The s hinges used to be used on bus/coach cabs but are no longer made. The top and bottom hinges are different and be aware they are handed. The information on hinges can be found on page 8  in the "tech Misc" I have already sent you.
John

messyman

• Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2014, 05:32:19 PM »
Yes ive read the file you gave and on the web page

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2014, 06:23:55 PM »
any details for us out here ? these are autojumble items , and if off a more common vehicle are almost certainly being remade - if they are what I think they might be  :-\

messyman

• Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors

messyman

• Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2014, 09:23:15 PM »
yep the hinge pins that i have are used on mini traveller , Gordon  hinges etc. see the differing ball size ,but the plates are what you need what you posted last looks right to me , very similar to the Gordon which i have just been out in the pouring rain to photograph . Do Frisky hinges look like the Gordon in the photo ? After saying all that its the doors rather than the hinges that are the bigger problem . By the way that looks a bit steep and feel sure they could be found cheaper
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morris-Leyland-Clubman-Mini-Van-Rear-Door-Hinges-x-4-/301063905909?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4618cea275#ht_289wt_1037
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:36:00 PM by richard »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2014, 10:14:17 PM »
my don't i have some rubbish . just been out to the other garage and found a book from just one supplier to the trade . Back in the day , and I suspect it must be broadly similar today but all online , a manufacturer of small scale production would choose fittings from a catalogue . This catalogue is in fact a book of several hundred pages featuring everything from interior lights , ashtrays, match striker plates ( remember them on the back of coach seats ) , grab handles , hinges etc. etc. I SUSPECT the hinge you are looking for may be at the top of this page , less agricultural than the ebay ones - blow the picture up and see a garage spider top left  ;D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:19:02 PM by richard »