Author Topic: wanted cheap repairable isetta 300 body shell  (Read 9989 times)

messyman

• messerschmitt kr200, frisky, isetta 300
  • Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
wanted cheap repairable isetta 300 body shell
« on: June 22, 2014, 01:07:13 PM »
I have a isetta chassis that is in need of repair but im also looking for a rough but repairable body cheap.....
messyman restorator of rust relics vw or bubblecars
www.vw-specials.forumotion.com
Messerschmitt kr200 x2 ,frisky family 3 mk1 shell,isetta 300 lhd chassis, vw polo,vw caddy mk1 , t4 , mini , my dad has 2x Messerschmitt kr175

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: wanted cheap repairable isetta 300 body shell
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 07:03:00 AM »
A lot of peeps could say that. Less of them would finish the job!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 07:58:22 PM »
Or you might want to consider this one, even if you don't want to go topless.
It is also lhd, and a better handling 4 wheeler to boot.
It comes with a complete and unrusted chassis, suspension, brakes and everything else still attached, except the drivetrain that you presumed already have.
The body has been stored indoors in California, as someone stopped short of making a convertible out of it, so has completely unrusted floors, and most everything else.
Stuart's seller also has a spare roof and left side glass for sale off eBay, so all you would need is the right side flat glass and windshield (new for about 70 gbp), and you would have your funabout, with your original parts as spares.
Shipping from Los Angeles is considerably cheaper than the other way round, and the car could be shipped as a roller.

Better yet make a holiday of it , bring your tape measure and camera, and you can help me lift off the FF3 body shell, and put the chassis back underneath this Isetta body.  Of course I'd put you up for the week, and even give you a newer reliable Cadillac to cruise around the Southern California car attractions for the week.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 08:05:52 PM »
Oops, ::) forgot to mention the price of the whole package.
About 2 k gbp would take care of it.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 07:33:24 AM »
I think I prefer it without a roof! Engine, well chap in Oxford showed the way here. Get an old bottom end and restore it. Put the 700 top end on made out genuine metal taking the engine to a big valve 350cc and burn off the Messerschmitts.
Yet no one has followed his lead which is why I always bracket Isetta owners as wanting to remain fairly original, small car and pootling rather than modifying and looking for performance beyond the cars capabilities unlike certain other marques of small car. For they realise its easier to buy a different, faster car! Gold star to the majority of Isetta owners. Still not the car for me but that is another story.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 08:09:15 AM »
At least the fumes could escape from that one Steven. ;D

Maybe you are not aware of the fact that you cannot swap three wheeler and four wheeler "transmissions" around, the chassis are specifically built to accept one or the other.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 12:02:44 PM »
Well then, I guess I'd have to keep the price firm at 2k gbp and throw in the chaincase and rear axel and wheels.
So, for which market was the lhd 3 wheeler intended?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 01:14:09 PM »
Intended for the UK market.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 01:18:37 PM »
Uh ? Lhd for the uk ? Surely not ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 02:21:20 PM »
remember the question was about the three wheeler.
In the uk we first got the LHD four wheeler then the LHD three wheeler and then the RHD three wheeler. There was a some cross over in between.

The three wheeler was made to satisfy the quirky road fund license laws in Britain.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 06:43:20 PM »
Bugner, I forgot the biggest design flaw of them all. The Isetta was LHD for ages. The RHD was only ever a botch to get the steering and controls over the other side and is inferior to the LHD in several ways. Darn, I missed getting the boot in.

Do you own that Isetta Steve? I have a complete engine and gearbox I never got round to outing.

messyman

• messerschmitt kr200, frisky, isetta 300
  • Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 08:29:39 PM »
lol good to see the topic changing direction or off topic lol  ;D
messyman restorator of rust relics vw or bubblecars
www.vw-specials.forumotion.com
Messerschmitt kr200 x2 ,frisky family 3 mk1 shell,isetta 300 lhd chassis, vw polo,vw caddy mk1 , t4 , mini , my dad has 2x Messerschmitt kr175

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 02:27:51 AM »
Well back to the topic then.
Yes Al, I own and keep this Isetta in my own purpose built brick and mortar microcar garage in the lot that I inhabit.
Your engine could be useful to myself if I were to have a go at it, but might be duplicitous to Messyman, should he decide to proceed with this platform along the lines that he has already expressed.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 06:57:48 AM »
Well the eBay one is still running so I guess we wait with baited breath.