Author Topic: It's a Curse  (Read 15824 times)

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Replicar Cursor
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2014, 08:49:56 AM »
If anyone has a Cursor, could they please have a quick look at the chassis number and let me know what it is.  My one is number 0060
It would be good to match chassis numbers with the registration number if available. 
My one from Austria has no UK registration yet.

I would like to build a history of the cars and find out how many are left.
Any old photos or recollections would be very helpful.

From Alan Hatswell

Unfortunately all the records went with the project but I seem to remember that after Jean's car (Honda) single seaters went up to chassis nos in the 50's or early 60's , then a 2 seater prototype (Suzuki CS 50) and 2 seaters from then on. CP50 and the last 20 I think Honda Vision.
The very last 2 seater was made as a 2 seater with I think Vision engine but was design for normal doors and now lives in Canada or USA.
There were only 2 or 3 RHD 2 seaters. Nearly half of all cars went to Austria with registration numbers and cars sold through the dealer net work would have had local numbers assigned to the supplying dealer.

I have an original manual (in English and wou;ld be happy to copy it if it would be of interest to anyone.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: It's a Curse
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2014, 01:15:42 PM »
You are doing a grand job Barry, maybe you could become our Cursor representative and write in RUMCAR NEWS, I am sure Chris would welcome you with open arms.  Also if you can persuade 'new' owners to add their vehicles to the Register that would be good. Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2014, 05:38:21 PM »
The Cursor is running well and I have discovered it has the more powerful Suzuki CP50 engine with constantly variable transmission.
A few long term storage issues and a split diaphragm in the automatic choke assembly caused some delays but it is now ready for an MOT as a Moped.

Next I have to sort out Customs as it has come in from Austria.  This has to be done before Swansea will look at a registration application.

I do need to get it dated and I understand RUMCars can help?  How do I proceed?

Alan Hatwell was very helpful and suggested late 86 early 87
My car is RC0066 and Alastair has told me car RC0065 is 09-03-1987 so that's a good start.

Video of First run:-
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j2ypj3j7z92yejr/AABHTzc599ger-9Xxxo0ZidRa?dl=0

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:36:14 AM by Barry »

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2014, 08:53:46 AM »
Dear Barry

Issue 120 (Spring 2014) of Rumcar News explained the total procedure for registering you vehicle when imported from abroad.

Also in Issue 118 (Autumn 2013) The article Curser Part 2 explained that all the Cursors that went to Austria has the larger Honda Vision engine.

In the next issue there will be another article on the Cursor.

Perhaps it is time to subscribe to Rumcar News. If you speak to Jean she will arrange to sell you any back issues you may have missed.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2014, 10:08:52 PM »
Sounds like issue 118 is wrong then.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2014, 10:38:05 PM »
Due to Chris' typo in his post it's unclear as to whether the reference is a single car or more than one ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2014, 10:46:15 PM »

"I am just going outside and may be some time."

Lawrence Edward Grace "Titus" Oates