Author Topic: Lawil willams workshop manual  (Read 8161 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: Lawil willams workshop manual
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 10:22:51 AM »
All these Lawil Williams being chatted about,  I do hope that some of you will put theirs on the Register, we are empowered by the DVLA to issue dating certificates as well you Know.  Ask Richard Warren and Mike Shepherd, they are our nominated representatives. Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Jamfan

• Just Starting
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 07:55:24 PM »
I thought I'd let you see updates today...... Chassis stripped and all running gear at the blasters to be powder coated satin black.
I've cut the majority of rot out. I'll get the rust blasted out tomorrow and etch primed, then back and start welding. I'm not sure which way to go with the n/s wing? make a mould and get a fibre glass one laid up (if needed I could make some more in the future, also if anyone here need one?) or crack on with the English wheel and bead roller (which is much more satisfying). 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:59:16 PM by Jamfan »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 08:21:44 PM »
I do hope your blasters know their pressure ! My Trojan was practically  wrecked by my blaster who filled it with so many dents it looked like the surface of the moon . Previously indented but had many coats of paint and with a bit of rust -  it made the job  very difficult- never again on bodywork for me
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jamfan

• Just Starting
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 08:34:42 PM »
Thanks for the advice Richard. I'll blast it with the pressure turned right down with fine garnet, (it's not normally the pressure, it's usually the heat that distorts) Iv'e been there before!!!! :( On a customers car !!!

just willam

• Occasional
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 09:15:32 PM »
Hello Jean
my forgonette PHR 203 F is on the register as No.1249 (any observant ones out there will also notice it was scootershauns previously)
I must make sure it runs well as I am driving him to a show at the weekend

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 09:22:24 PM »
God it wasnt you was it !! When i Trailered the body shell to the guy he wrote my address , in felt pen , on the body - do you see where this is going ? To cut a long story short he delivered it bAck to 50 parkway , I live at 50 park ROAD . I found this out when I enquired as to its whereabouts . I arrived just in time to stop that house owner dumping " that pile of rubbish " off his driveway  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977