Author Topic: I challenge Chris  (Read 2839 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
I challenge Chris
« on: July 08, 2014, 01:06:30 PM »
Recently I just mentioned the Kroboth on the forum and it resulted in Chris writing an article on them for RCN which I enjoyed very much.
Now I know how this works, I just mention a favourite car and Chris does the article, I'm going to mention the Bonallack Minnow. I don't think all that much is know about them apart from what Lawrence House wrote in an older RCN. I am wondering if Chris can unearth anything we don't know.

Chris, do you accept the challenge?????

Looks a bit like a Felber to me.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: I challenge Chris
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 02:00:13 PM »
I am sure I read a piece in RUM but VERY recently I saw mention of it and I cannot recall where
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 02:45:05 PM »
Here is a little bit more.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 04:39:21 PM »
It looks like a poor mans Inter!  ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 05:53:52 PM »
Or, as only one exists maybe an Inter is a poor mans Minnow?  :-\

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 06:23:13 PM »
Dear Bob

Thank you for setting me a challenge, but on this occasion I am one step ahead of you. In summer 2011 Issue 109 I covered the Bonallack Minnow, as a Feature Car revisited, which was the Tony Marshall article from Issue 7 winter 1985.

I did try and get some pictures of Lawrence's Minnow, but I was told it was in deep storage and not available!!! Perhaps when the Minnow comes out of deep storage, I may be able to bring the article up to date.

So it seems Jean has some scope for selling you a back issue copy of 109, as you obviously have it missing from your collection.

You were lucky with the Kroboth as I knew I had some good photographs in my collection.  What you do not know is what images I have taken on my travels that are waiting to be used.

Better luck next time Bob.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 06:48:23 PM »
In reality it's nothing like the Inter mike ! Much more like the Felber - one of Tony Marshalls books has a very comprehensive chapter on the car. Really anyone seriously interested in micros should have both of Tonys excellent volumes .
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 06:52:31 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 08:08:35 PM »
Hi Chris. I do have 109, just forgot about the article.
Right, let me think of another challenge for you. We don't want you sitting there idle do we! ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 08:11:21 PM »
When was the last time we had an article on the Kaiser?  Now there is an interesting vehicle!

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 09:17:34 PM »
Dear Bob

Sorry I have no photographs of the Kaiser in my collection.

It is OK I have something for the next edition I think will interest you. Trust me!!

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News