Author Topic: Alan Hitchcock  (Read 9279 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Alan Hitchcock
« on: July 16, 2014, 11:29:45 AM »
 Don't worry, it's not as drastic as you first thought. Should anyone be trying to get in touch with Alan, or want him for one reason or another, he was taken into Great Western Hospital, Swindon, on the evening of Saturday 12th July with a major leg infection which is proving particularly stubborn this time around. Alan is still in hospital at the current time, and likely to be there for at least another few days to come.

More news as we get it.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Alan Hitchcock
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 12:49:59 PM »
Stuart, Please give my best wishes to Al for an early recovery. Thanks.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 01:51:14 PM »
And indeed Stuart please pass on my best wishes
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 05:13:49 PM »
I am sure that all Rumsters will be wishing Alan a very speedy recovery.Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 09:47:23 PM »
Also please pass on best wishes from Nick & family in France.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 10:00:02 PM »
do we have a postal address for al ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 10:14:46 PM »
I am sure that all Rumsters will be wishing Alan a very speedy recovery.Jean
Indeed!
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 10:19:16 PM »
I thought it had gone all quiet on here  :D.

Speedy recovery Al!
I need to stop buying!

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 08:09:56 AM »
Any news on Al's recovery?
I need to stop buying!

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 12:00:22 PM »
 Alan is still incarcerated with no sign of a release yet. Just when it looks like everything is behaving, his leg goes & has another relapse. Mind you, the rest of him is still active as he requested his laptop to be brought in the other night, so we might yet get a report direct from the ward.

If anyone finds themselves in the area for visiting or for whatever else reason, Alan is currently to be found at;

Jupiter Ward
4th Floor
Great Western Hospital
Marlbrough Road
Swindon
SN3 6BB

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 08:11:44 PM »
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery Al!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 08:39:55 AM »
Do we have an update yet Stuart please a quick phone call from mike s and the news that Alan is still in hospital - must drop him a line
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:38:30 AM by richard »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 10:05:27 AM »
Thanks for your good wishes guys. I am now back home but unlikely to be active for a month or so. I live in danger of these attacks as I have no lymph system to speak of left in my right leg. This time I got blood poisoning too, so ended up having a heart check up and oxygen. That has turned in positive once the major infection was killed off. Good heart still. Many folk less fit would have been deaded! Must loose weight!!

Interesting that the staff of the hospital were very much more proactive as I wanted to get better, than they were with various malingerers and folk working the system to increase their dependency, thus income, from the State. Likewise with an old boy next to me who used to run the garage next to the Threewheeler test station at Lynham. He remembered us turning up mob handed. He had poor circulation and was after stents, so had to have ulcers to get into the system to be cured, rather than treated - nuts. The other two guys were also motor trade, but in talking were clear never achievers, so Godfrey Goodwin, brilliant name, and I tended to lead the chat. Godfrey was a bit sad to see me go I think, but he is getting his stents and hopefully they will work. Nice guy.

So the staff were mainly very good but the system lets them down as it is underfunded and probably not managed in a coordinated way. The nurses get really frustrated when doctors take a week to appear as they cannot do their job properly and they get the back lash from malcontented patients on top!

So no National for me, missed the Schmitt Rally. No other events. Might be fit enough to do the Bubblecar Museum Halloween bash. But at least I am still here.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 11:43:15 AM »
never got that card to send to hospital .... and don't know your terrestrial address so accept my best wishes al

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 02:57:57 PM »
... I have no lymph system to speak of left in my right leg.

I would have thought you had kept a spare one in the shed someplace for this very reason.

Interesting that the staff of the hospital were very much more proactive as I wanted to get better, than they were with various malingerers and folk working the system to increase their dependency, thus income, from the State.

As someone who works in Healthcare, I can say with personal experience that patients who are motivated to get out of the hospital and on their own again are the highlight of our day at times.