Author Topic: Quadzilla car  (Read 3952 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Quadzilla car
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 04:47:04 PM »
well it's not my cuppa tea , but i would think with a bit of signwriting i can see it being worth the £3,000 asking price for advertising a business - it is eyecatching
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 04:47:38 PM »
Part trainer, part bumper car, I like it!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 04:49:08 PM »
Gosh that really is a car that hasn't found it's place on the market yet. I'd class it as eyesore rather than eye-catching, though it looks nicely finished. I'm guessing it was built for some advertising campaign?
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 06:40:42 PM »
Damn, I had my eye on that one Bob.  Now you have let the cat out of the bag everyone will be bidding on it! ................... ;D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 06:47:48 PM »
ah , i gather you're joking but bob really has rather broken his own rule  ;)

anyway they do do say theres no such thing as bad publicity - driving this around would get your business known . Mike has fairly often taken his "numbers " Trojan to Beaulieu and theres rarely a day goes by without someone remembering how it used to be parked outside a boutique in London as advertising - it WAS noticed !
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 06:50:50 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 07:18:27 PM »
with a bit of signwriting i can see it being worth the £3,000

Why does everything have to have a "worth" on it? Too many dealers and speculators have latched on to the bubblecar world and spoilt a great hobby.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 07:54:46 PM »
ah , i gather you're joking but bob really has rather broken his own rule  ;)

anyway they do do say theres no such thing as bad publicity - driving this around would get your business known . Mike has fairly often taken his "numbers " Trojan to Beaulieu and theres rarely a day goes by without someone remembering how it used to be parked outside a boutique in London as advertising - it WAS noticed !

My rule is for not flagging up classic microcars , not rubbish like this! ;D
Mind you I do rather like those ones that the American guy had done with genuine old dodgems.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=old+dodgems+on+quad+chassis&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=rGLNU4SdDcbC0QX534GIAQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=726
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:58:57 PM by Bob Purton »

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 08:31:39 PM »
There was something very similar many years ago at the national, yellow Lambretta engined thing. I can't remember if it was road legal, anyone else know?
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 09:03:05 PM »
tell you what Rob try that line at Sainsburys  :) - surely everything for sale must have a " worth " how can it not ?

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 10:33:45 PM »
 You know I was talking about bubblecars and not a scoff shop. I never knew that Sainsburys dealt in bubblecars. I think they sell fruit and vegetables with peel on though Does that count? I don't go in supermarkets now. Too full of people moaning about the prices. So, no, lots of things in there at stupid prices. Buy one get one free then throw the second one away because the use by date has run out. Just a thought, have you looked into the bottom of your freezer lately, some grub could be years out of date.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.