Author Topic: messy's messerschmitt kr parts  (Read 16537 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: messy's messerschmitt kr parts
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 10:31:36 AM »
Dear Messyman

I have deleted your lists of products for sale as we consider that if you wish to sell your products commercially this is not the venue. We are quite happy for commercial firms to be recommended and for web links to be included to your web site containing all of your wares.

If we were to allow all sellers to list all their products, then the forum would cease to be a forum but an advertising hoarding.

We do not want to stop the exchange of information, we just need to regulate it for all concerned.

By all means tell us when you have something new, but please keep all your product and services  listings on your own web site.

Chris Thomas

messyman

• messerschmitt kr200, frisky, isetta 300
  • Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 05:36:30 PM »
I agree with what you are saying -''a bit annoying'' but as this wasn't anything to do with commercial sales its mainly to open peoples eyes to what can be done outside the relms of clubs

I don't have a website for sales etc , its was give the peeps an opportunity to revive a classic without being a member

but ive had my say on this and I wont be putting any items of this nature up
many thanks
MESSYMAN
messyman restorator of rust relics vw or bubblecars
www.vw-specials.forumotion.com
Messerschmitt kr200 x2 ,frisky family 3 mk1 shell,isetta 300 lhd chassis, vw polo,vw caddy mk1 , t4 , mini , my dad has 2x Messerschmitt kr175

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 07:25:28 PM »
But you do have a website. Couldnt you list the parts on it and just post a link to it?

messyman

• Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 10:44:29 PM »
its a vw forum not a website ....iv never had a website
I just buy or make this stuff for the peeps that's it
Messerschmitt kr200 x2 ,frisky family 3 mk1 shell,isetta 300 lhd chassis, vw polo,vw caddy mk1 , t4 , mini , my dad has 2x Messerschmitt kr175

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2014, 11:14:15 PM »
Oh yeh, so it is.  Because its part of your signature , assumed it was your website.

messyman

• Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2014, 11:49:10 PM »
so therefore y pull something off when I haven't done oat wrong and its been up here for around 4 months

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 12:27:28 AM »
It looks like you're getting it in the neck, today, Messy!

I'm with you on mentioning relevant new eBay listings: as Jim says, that's what you're asked to do, and surely, when many thousands already know of a listing direct from eBay, it makes sense for all the few here to know of it too. It's not the job of those who read this forum to protect a few individuals from (very slight) further competition, but it is their job to discuss what's happening - or appearing - in the world of unusual microcars.

As to the mass listing of parts you want to sell, though, I feel that's not appropriate here.  You regard it as not commercial, but how can it be not?  If you're giving the stuff away, then it's not commercial; if you're selling the odd car or part which was yours in use, then it's not commercial.  If you're making, or having made, or buying in, a wide range of parts with the aim of selling them, though, then that's commerce. It might not be "your main job", but it's commerce, and whatever way the forum treats your commercial activity has to be the same way it treats the commercial activities of, say, Halfords - otherwise it would be unfair on Halfords!

The simplest way forward is perhaps to start a website, and show on the forum a link to it. (Or photograph the list, and stick the pic on any of the free picture services?)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 09:15:23 AM »
Just to make it clear, I have never deleted a post advertising an auction. If the "administrators" want to do ebays advertising for them for free thats there business but I am just as entitled to an opinion as the next man. My view springs from 40 years in the antiques business buying from auction rooms. First rule is dont tell the opposition about whats coming up else you find them sitting next to you in the room and running you up.  I agree its not so applicable with on line auctions but mentioning it to a group with the same specialized interest is not going to increase your chances of a win is it?
Still, I see I'm on a hiding for nothing here so will shut up but wait till YOUR trying to buy something!

re the parts listing, again I didnt pull that off, it was an "administrator" although I agree the list was a bit cheeky and inappropriate.
I'm only here to remove spam and four letter words which I'm happy to say we get very little of these days..

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 09:37:24 AM »
> mentioning it to a group with the same specialized interest is not going to increase your chances of a win is it?  <

The idea is that the poster doesn't want the item, but knows a place that's most likely to contain the very people who might: this forum!  Asking such a poster not to post is commercially protective but ... mean?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2014, 09:59:06 AM »
With regard to listing up your Messeschmitt spares list. Contact Mark Hindell who hosts the MEC website, KaRoScene. The MEC might not be very active at the moment, but it totally even handed at telling Schmitters about Spares sources. I am sure that an agreement will be forthcoming to host a page with your listing and services on it. I know Mike got fed up with the MEC leaders, a seperate topic, but I see no reason why you should not make your own mind up. I am in gestation of launching some 40 lines of parts myself, and I will be using them as one advertising medium.

I agree that as things stand the forum here is not a sales billboard, but that it is a pool of information and anything that is known to be available has the right to be posted. But as notification of opportunity, not an outright advert. So Richard saying he is selling a few bits on eBay is fine. You want more info, you know where it is.
I am at odds with Bob, I am afraid. You cannot have your cake, of free access to info, and eat it, by restricting the bits that might save you money. Everybody has the same problem and I agree, putting a ring in an auction saves everyone money, as does a poor turnout. That is not a function of a forum. If it is, how do I get on the list of people who get to know the secret info? All rather masonic, though I agree certain microcar clubs use this template, which means they are not actually clubs that the uninformed would join really! Still I think time is catching up with some of them and they reach the time they need to change or risk diminishing. My reaction to a forum adhering to this 'chosen few' ideal would be the same. I want no part of it and never have. One reason I am not in certain clubs or organizations.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2014, 01:16:35 PM »
Well I guess that's it, I AM commercially protective, its how I have survived in business and the philosophy has been carried over, probably wrongly to microcar collecting.
Anyway, thats just how I and a small group of other forum users see it who incidentally go very quite when ever this topic comes up. I'm not afraid to put my head on the block especially if it gets an interesting discussion going and much like Al, I dont have a problem with people disagreeing with me..

Its not the policy of the forum or its administrators so feel free to do what you like.

Am I mean?  I dont think the people I help with there car projects and parts finding/making would agree with that. In recent times I have even sold my cars at below market value to get them into the ownership of someone who would appreciate them for what they are , not investments.

messyman

• Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2014, 05:17:45 PM »
To Mr Bob Purton I owe you a formal oppology for the incinuation of you having to with the removal of the spares listing -----

but with regards this has been on here for a while and no 1 has mentioned this b4 which has got me irated , which I do understand the forum dosent require a sales pitch as it wouldn't be fair on eg Halfords but to be commercially selling then in my opinion then I don't think so ....yes there is a fine line with every thing - but as some 1 has said ive been the subject a bit on here

iv come here to research on frisky f3 mk1 and to buy parts for it , also for an isetta its the same but regards to Schmitts I own 2 and im quite familiar with these but stock is always tide up in clubs so I offered it on a plate to the public that was it
plus I will buy in any thing bubble or micro to pass on here to help that was all I was doing ......

yes bob you are allowed to have an opinion regarding the links to ebay or where ever - but I feel if people want some thing it will be on ebay for every1 to see ... so the billion people you have to fight against to win not against the 500 also in here   

I DONT SAY THIS OFTEN
SO BOB PLEASE ACCEPT MY OPPOLOGY

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2014, 07:35:04 PM »
Apology accepted but there is really no need. Just glad you are staying with us. We need more hands on enthusiasts like yourself.  If I can be of any assistance with your project let me know although I am no Frisky man. I'm not bad with Villiers though.  John Meadows will be your main man!

messyman

• Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2014, 07:53:21 PM »
lol hunting for correct 9e Villiers
The Frisky Family three had a 9E/4SFR  4 = 4 speed,  S= self starter  F= Blower cooling,  R= reverse

That one is listed as 9E/SF  which suggests no reverse . With the right dynastart this could no doubt be over come and as the gear box is missing you could make sure you put a four speed one in.
quoted from john meadows

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2014, 08:46:58 PM »
John's right: once you have a fanned 9E, the only part of the Dynastart you need to change is the stator (replacing the "3-wire" version with a "5-wire" version).  You then need a reversing solenoid (or did the Frisky use the mechanical switch set-up?)

I'm guessing a 4-speed box may need some of its ratios changing, to match what Frisky used - but that's all possible.