Author Topic: Editor at fault ? - not you Chris  (Read 4704 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Editor at fault ? - not you Chris
« on: August 01, 2014, 05:16:58 PM »
Whilst re-reading Rob's Gordon rebuild articles I read an article by the THEN editor Tony Marshall saying that a letter from a period road tester was featured in "The Classic Motor Cycle May 2004 " . I bought off eBay this week a copy of this publication , no sign of such an article .Q - did Tony get the magazine or the issue incorrect ? Any ideas ? Does anyone have a copy of this article , it is quoted from in RUM Autumn 2004 issue 82
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:25:36 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Editor at fault ? - not you Chris
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 08:33:34 PM »
Wish I could help, I've got quite a few issues of Classic Motor Cycle, but none from 2004. I couldn't find where Tony had written that the piece by Alan Baker was in the May issue though.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 08:44:13 PM »
Issue 81 summer 2004 Tony mentioned the article and issue 82 autumn 2004 he quoted from it , on both occasions making the same source - very odd
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 03:19:30 AM »
I read it as Tony received a letter from Mr Baker about a letter he had sent in to The Classic Motorcycle Magazine telling of his trip in a Gordon, not the article being published.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 07:40:03 AM »
No Rob in the first case Tony said he couldn't print as he had no permission from the magazine , in the second he quotes from the published letter ( permission having been granted? ) he then advises to buy the magazine to read the full story about the AWFUL experience of the road testers Gordon ! It is quite clear

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 08:37:43 AM »
Here are the two articles from Tony.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 09:01:38 AM »
Could I just ask if anyone has a friend who may have a copy of the correct issue could they please ask ? I must presume it to be the month before or after so either April or June 2004 ? I really would love to read the letter , thanks